Chapter 16

Good morning. Hope kept her eyes closed, but she couldn't fight the smile?

It is a good morning, isn't it. He pressed his lips to her shoulder?

You're staring. She stretched her hands above her head, her back arching with her movements?

Yes, I am?

Landon trailed his fingertips over her stomach, then kissed her temple?

How long do you think it will take before triad and Greta are no longer an issue. Hope asked, rolling onto her side to face him?

You're a powerful witch, the most powerful I've ever encountered, so with any luck, it won't take long?

I just don't want our baby brought into the world with the threat of them hanging over our heads?

Even if they're still an issue when she's born, she'll be protected and loved, no matter what. Landon brushed Hope's hair out of her face and kissed her softly?

Hope's stomach started growing and they both laughed?

Sounds like you need to eat?

Are you hungry. Hope asked as she swung her legs over the side of the bed?

I can always eat, you know that?

Bottomless pit. She teased?

The only trait I got from my father that I'm not angry about. Landon rested his head on his arm, watching her?

I need to talk to my aunt about possibly finding a way of severing your connection to Malivore and to see if we can find a way to destroy him permanently. Hope pulled out a set of clothes as she spoke?

We can deal with my father after the baby's born. You've already dabbled in darker magic more than is healthy for the baby. Landon objected?

Fine. I won't go after him right away, but that doesn't mean we can't get ready. Because once the baby is born, I'm gonna kill your father?

It's unnecessary stress on your body?

Worrying about Malivore finding a way back is causing unnecessary stress on my body. She snapped?

You don't know what he's like?

I may have only spent a few minutes in the pit, but I think I remember the eternal blackness just as well as you do. Having that thing come for you or our baby, it scares the hell out of me. Hope turned on the shower, letting the water heat up?

Fine. Do what you want?

I plan to?

You always do. No matter what it does to other people. He said spitefully?

What are you talking about?

You erased yourself from everyone's memories, and I thought--?

I did that so I could come back to you, you jerk. Hope shouted?

Furious now, she stepped under the spray and tipped her head back, allowing the water to flow down her body?

How dare he. After everything she'd done for him, he was still upset about that?

Then again, he didn't know she was supernatural, so of course it hit him hard when she vanished from everyone's memories. Once the realization hit her, the anger faded from her. The man in the other room loved her and he thought he'd lost her, so of course he'd be afraid she'd do something to take herself away from him again?

As she massaged the body wash into her skin, Hope kept expecting Landon to wrap his arms around her and kiss her. But she remained alone?

You're not joining me. She called?