Chapter 14

Hope took a deep breath and cleared her mind as best as she could so she could do some automatic writing. Now was the time to find out what Madam Laveau wished to share with her and the easiest way to get the spell was to allow the older witch to use her hands?

Without even thinking, the pen she held started moving across the page and it took everything she had to do to keep herself calm. Madam Laveau was in control and it was disconcerting, but this was her spell, not Hope's, and she dared not interrupt?

After a long moment, Hope felt the voodoo queen leaves her and she looked over the spell?

It wasn't black magic, but it was definitely dark. This spell wouldn't harm her baby though, so she could easily cast it. Triad wouldn't know what was coming for them and Greta and her crew were going down hard?

Thank you, Madam Laveau. Hope breathed?

Standing up, she picked up the paper and headed down to find Freya. It was time to protect her family, all of her family. Her aunts, uncles, parents, her fiance, and the child she carried. All her enemies would know that Hope Mikaelson was alive and real and she was just as dangerous as the rest of her family?

With this resolve, she opened the door to her aunt's study and placed the paper on her desk?

What's this?

Madam Laveau, it's the spell she gave me?

It'll take me some time to prepare--?

I'll be doing the spell. I just need these ingredients. I promised her and I keep my promises?

Hope got a feeling that if anyone else tried to do it than her, Madam Laveau would be furious and the backlash would be immense?

Of course. I forgot who we were dealing with for a moment. She is not one to take kindly to those who break their word. Freya stood up. Okay. I will have the supplies ready as soon as possible, so we can get this done?

Thank you, aunt Freya?

You'll be showing soon, and feeling her kick. Freya commented, looking at Hope's stomach?

Landon's excited, almost more than I am, I think?

Yes, well, going centuries thinking he can't father a child, and suddenly finding out a girl is carrying his baby?

He didn't believe me at first. He thought maybe she was like Ryan, and then he thought I was someone else?

A man after your father's heart. Freya shook her head and smiled ruefully?

He finally believed me though?

And now he's mixed up with the most dangerous family on the planet?

Which is a good thing, considering where he came from?

We'll deal with Malivore and save him, I promise?

Hope nodded, fear for the man she loved coursing through her. With Malivore being Landon's creator, it was possible that his death would result in Landon's death as well, unless they severed the link between them?

Breath, Hope. Breath. We won't go after Malivore until we know for sure we can save Landon. Freya assured her niece when she realized that Hope was closing in on a panic attack?

Okay. Hope nodded, blinking back tears, taking several deep breaths to get her heart rate back under control?

Hope, we'll get through this. We won't let him die. I promise. Once triad and Greta are handled, we'll free him completely from his creator?