Chapter 8

Hope's hands shook as she opened the letter from her aunt?

Hope, however this is possible, I believe you. I have no choice, because every spell I've done on your blood proves that you are family?

I want you to know that you, your child, and the father of your child are more than welcome to come to New Orleans and you will have a home with us. Let me know when you arrive in the city and meet me at Rousseau's?

In the meantime, I'll be doing what I can to return people's memories of you. There's a hole in our lives and I think it's where you should be. I hope you come home soon?

Always and forever?

Freya Mikaelson?

Hope reread the letter over and over again, before she was finally able to process the words. She could go home. Her baby would be a part of the Crescent pack and she wouldn't be so alone during her pregnancy?

All the emotions she'd been holding in for the last decade ripped through her and she couldn't fight it now. She didn't have a reason to. Her family wouldn't turn their backs on her and she could finally call herself a Mikaelson once more?

Sobs tore at her and she buckled, wrapping her arms around her middle. If she didn't, she was afraid that she might fly apart at the seams?

This was how Landon found her a while later and he pulled her against his chest?

What's wrong, sweetheart?

Freya. Unable to finish speaking, she shoved the letter at him, to allow him to read it?

She accepts you. Landon whispered against her hair?

Our baby will know my family. We can go home. Hope buried her face in his neck as she wrapped her hands over her belly?

So, let's get ready. Your family deserves to have you in their lives and you need them, especially with you being pregnant. He covered both of her hands with one of his?

Like this, she couldn't ignore just how much longer he was than her and even though she was the one with the supernatural strength and magic, she felt safe, protected, loved, with his arms around her. There was definitely a bonus to being with a man a whole foot taller than she was?

I can go home. Hope whispered. I can go home?

Landon kissed the side of her head, nuzzling her?

I've never had a home of my own before. It's always been about protecting Seylah and Ryan and living wherever was safest for them. I've never belonged?

You will now. To the Mikaelsons, family is always and forever, and you're the father of my baby, so that makes you family, no matter what. Hope kissed the part of his chest exposed by the V in the collar of his t-shirt?

Our son or daughter is going to never know what it means to not be loved. Landon rubbed her belly right below her navel, where their child was growing?

Speaking of, I um, I promised to figure out if the baby was a boy or a girl?

You know it doesn't matter to me, one way or the other?

I know, but I'd rather not keep calling the baby it?

You know the baby might end up not fitting into the gender role the sex suggests?

I know. But until he or she makes it known, we'll call them according to their sex?

Landon tipped her chin up and kissed her lightly on the lips?

I love you, Landon?

I love you, sweetheart. He brushed her hair out of her face. You're so beautiful?