{3}Recovery•

🐍TW🐍
IN this story there are scenes/talks/actions/thoughts related to things such as eating disorders, self harm, depression, rape, abuse. If any of these trigger you, feel free to click off now. If not, please enjoy this story chapter;
Xoxo

I wake up in the infirmary. I'm a bit sore, my arm covered in bandage wrap. I try to get out of bed as Pomfrey walks, more like jogs, over to me.
"How are you feeling Mr. Malfoy?" she says, reaching a hand out close enough to me to catch me if I fall.
"I'm fine. Fine. I would like to go to my room now so I'll be taking my leave." I say, pushing her hand away insisting I do not need her help.
"Okay, but if you ever need anything you can talk to anyone here, we would be gladly to help." she tells me as I'm limping out the door.
Ugh.

Why.

My crush and enemy Potter had to take me to the infirmary. I'm so embarrassed. He probably thinks I'm crazy.
I rush to my room, although more like a walk as I'm still regaining my energy.
When I get to my dorm I pass out on my bed, thinking.
Should I thank him? I mean, he did save me afterall, even if I didn't want him to.
No, that would be way too weird, he already went through enough trouble to have taken me to the infirmary I doubt he wants to spend another second seeing me.

I hear a knock at my dorm door cutting off my thoughts. I get up slowly as to not fall down and open the door. There stands Potter. Harry Potter.
"How are you feeling? Are you okay?" He asks me, stepping into my dormroom.
"I'm..fine?" I tell him, although coming out in more of a question, as I'm curious as to why he is here, standing in my dorm.
He steps fully in shutting the door behind him, "Are you sure? What happened back there?"
"I'm really sure and I'm also sure it's none of your business. Now why are you making yourself comfy in my dorm?"

He stands there Infront of me, hovering a few inches above me as he had grown taller than me last Summer.
"Look.. I'm sorry I accused you of taking my book. The culprit gave it back to me while you were in the infirmary. It was Ron. He borrowed it." Potter said, putting a hand on my shoulder.
"Of course, that Weasel." I say taking a step back from his touch, more of confused as to what he is still doing here.

He takes a step forward to me, recovering the distance I created, "yeah...you know I never told you but, you have really pretty eyes."
"What?"
"You have pretty eyes." He says, putting each of his hands on each of my shoulders.
"Uh, thanks?" I once again back away from his touch. He pulls me closer to me by my bandaged arm.

I whimper as pain had shot throughout my arm from the pressure Potter applied to it.
"Sorry! Are you okay? I'm so sorry.." he says, pushing me away so he can get a better look at my arm. The blood had seeped through the wrapped bandage.
"Do you need help wrapping a new one? You should probably change it."
Embarrassed, I nod. I know I can't change it by myself and he offered so whats the harm?
We head to the bathroom and I sit on the sink counter as I hand Potter the extra bandage.

"Okay..tell me if it hurts."
He gently unwraps the bandage from my scarred and bleeding arm and stares at it for a second.
"Is something wrong?" I ask. Why is he just standing there?
"Why would you do this?"
Astonished he asked that question, I answer, "I.. don't know. I've done it since I was about 12. It just makes me feel a bit better. If I was ever sad, anxious or angry for no reason I would just go to the bathroom and we'll y'know. Sorry for rambling..."
"You shouldn't do this, it isn't healthy."
"Well other people say otherwise..." I tell him, as my father had seen my arms and laughed at them. He said it was better for me to hate myself and inflict pain on myself than try to get help from people, as they would just pity me.

"No one should say otherwise. No one deserves this. That's the end of the story." Potter says, wrapping my arm up in the fresh bandage.
"Thanks" I mumble, looking down at my arm when he is done.
Harry hums as a sign for a 'you're welcome.'

Word count; 797