You ~ A surprise

Feeling a soft body next to me, I cuddle upto him and kiss his jaw.

Lan Zhan.

We've been married for so many years, even now I am astonished at times to have him by my side.

Has our marriage been perfect? No.

Rather the main question one needs to ask; 'Is there any marriage perfect?'; But for me Lan Zhan has been perfect. He makes me whole. Never in these two lifetimes did I ever dream to have him, but here we are, a night after our raunchy shenanigans, his promise to give me 'everyday means everyday' he's still next to me and holding my heart within him.

"Lan Zhan." Swirling my tongue against his ear I grin at his sleepy, "Hm."

Snaking my hand below our blanket, I feel for his point of focal and it was hot and ready to greet me.

"Good morning..." I tease and his lips twitch. Unable to sleep any longer, his eyelashes sway and soon his pale gaze follows the motion. My heart as ever stops beating for a second. This happens every morning when his warm sleep filled eyes meets mine.
There are very few times when Lan Zhan drops his untainted personna and that one moment is like this, every morning when he twists his body, takes me in his arms and very softly kisses my forehead and says, "Wei Ying."

This right here is why my heart flutters like a kid who meets his idol. Today for some reason a tear slithers down my eyes and that surprised my husband.

"Wei Ying?"

"Hm?"

"What's wrong? Are you hurt? Why are you crying?"

Tucking my face into his neck I sniff and smile, "I am not crying. Just happy to have you with me. Thank you for loving me."

He stilled. Quiet as early mornings of Gusu.

"Lan Zhan?"

Glancing back at him, I was surprised to find a small smile playing on his lips and eyes closed. "Wei Ying, even after all these years, hearing your words reminds me of the confession back in Guanyin Temple."

"Why would you remember that?" I groan and bite his neck, "I blabbered like a fool and poor Jin Ling was traumatized. Remember he refused to enter Jingshi. That boy was always on alert whenever we were together as he legit thought the two of us are going to be shameless enough to makeout in front of him."

"We did. Remember?" Kissing me earlobe Lan Zhan growled, "You tempted me during the banquet, kept playing dangerously with things you weren't supposed to play. Even with Jiang Cheng and Jin Ling in the same room, you kept touching me..." He licked my lips seductively and continued, "Had I not taken you in the room next to where they were all sitting, it would have been hard to explain why Hanguang-Jun was restless."

I moaned at his words, "That was hot. I do remember. You were quick and ruthless. I loved every part of you."

"Wei Ying-" he was about to go down when there was a knock at our door and we heard a timid voice, "Elder Patriarch, are you in there?"

Flicking Lan Zhan's bud I kissed his lips and shouted out loud, "Will be out in a minute."

Hearing Lan Zhan's soft growl I patted his sweet rump, "Let's continue tonight. I need to leave for the day. Had promised to take the younger Lans for night hunt."

"Be careful."

My heart warmed again. Kissing his lips and forehead I nod and leave him behind on the bed, but turned one last time to see him marked, naked and all mine.