You ~ Swaying under the Lights

Watching Wei Ying smile and play around would make one think that he is a person without any scars. But, the truth is far from it. Mere few hours ago; the same man who is now knee deep in the lotus pond; was fighting resentful corpses with his brother by his side.

"Lan Zhan! Come join us!" At Wei Ying's call, few maidens who were already in the pond busy collecting lotus pods; distracted by him were grinning and giggling, glanced at my direction and paled out.

Not that I was jealous. Not the least. He is always surrounded by men and women alike. Even after all these years his youthful looks and open boisterous laughter always charmed everyone around.

I shouldn't be surprised; but won't lie when I say this heart always wishes he is next to me in Jingshi, away from people and their prying eyes.

"Elder Patriarch!"

A kid jumped and splashed water on Wei Ying making him groan and before he could retaliate, it seemed there was a water fight with each dunking other into the water. Some of them were Wei Ying's childhood friends and many were new.

"Seeing Ah Xian's smile reminds of the time when he was innocent and happy." Jiang Cheng joined me as an onlooker and smiled, "Not that he isn't happy right now, but back then he was a naive sixteen year old whose moto was to simply annoy every resident of Yunmeng. Oh! People loved him but also hated his guts. He was a loveable juvenile."

Jiang Cheng had a glint of both happiness and sadness in his eyes. For a long time he lived with guilt of what happened to his family; anger, resentment and finally wishing to let go of all the hatred in his heart.

Looking at the two of them now made me remember that night all those years ago. Wei Ying and I had just returned from night hunt and at the entry of Cloud Recess, Jiang Cheng stood with two jars of Gusu's Emperor's Smile.

Both brothers buried their hatchet and had a night long conversation with liquor as their companion. This is what they needed. To pour their heart out and forgive eachother. In the end Wei Ying got back his brother and Jin Ling had a complete family to call his own.

"Hm."

Giving me a small smile Jiang Cheng shook his head, "Still a man of few words."

My eyes never left Wei Ying. His smile was the only one to make my life meaningful.

"I am glad you two chose to spend festival of light here. My parents and sister would be very pleased to have Ah Xian and you with us."

It was the emotion behind his words that made me look at Jiang Cheng.

Wei Ying's Shijie.

The only person who knew and understood his pure heart when the world turned their back on The Yiling Patriarch.

"Wei Ying wanted to be here. How could I not come when this is where his heart desires to be?"

Chuckling lightly Jiang Cheng nodded, "Don't spoil him too much Wangji. He will be a pain in your ass."

'I doubt that Jiang Cheng. One day ask him who is pain in whose ass?' I wanted to comment; but thought against it. He might not appreciate my sarcasm. Yet, thinking of last night with Wei Ying under me, I wanted to run my fingers between those wet tresses.

Bouts of giggles brought me back from my naughty trail of thoughts only to see a young maiden too close to my Wei Ying.

His eyes caught mine and involuntarily my eyes twitched. He grinned instantly and was above to move away from her touch when she caught hold of his elbow and the man by my side whispered in shock, "Fuck!"