You ~ Soup

I heard him sigh for the nth time tonight. Glancing at Wei Ying, I grinned inwardly at the fact that he was consuming Gusu's medicinal soup with such vehemence, if it wasn't a rule to consume only bland food, even uncle would let Wei Ying eat whatever he wishes to his heart's content. Even after thirty decades, the only thing remained constant is Wei Ying's love for Gusu's food.

While many had their eyes casted down and eating submissively, Wei Ying on the other hand was just short of making a loud groan. Quickly to avert any such dismay that would be directed at him, I quickly flick his glass, exchange it with mine and down the medicinal soup. He noticed my movements and seconds later glanced at me. The warmth in there made me smile and that in turn made him grin.

This goofiness of ours was noticed by uncle who cleared his throat, "Ahem."

Great!

"Is there an issue Elder Lan?" One of the servers came forward and uncle simply shook his head. Brother on the other hand had a smile in place.

Rest of our dinner was without much interruption; and where Wei Ying consumes his food usually with no fuss, tonight he didn't eat much. He was the first one to bow and walk out and few others followed behind him.

I wouldn't go to say that he is accepted wholly by our clan, but after all these years, Wei Ying's reputation precedes him and his wealth of knowledge and experience has helped a lot of Sects around this realm. With the younger generation taking over and having worked with Wei Ying, they have come to respect and adore him much more and acknowledged the fact that their elders, did indeed misinterpret The Yiling Patriarch.

"You didn't eat much." I found Wei Ying sitting on a jade bench overlooking the Gusu mountains.

Turning to me, he raised his hand for me to clasp and I pulled him up to join me for a walk.

"I did. Just that I wasn't too hungry." Facing me he enquired softly, "How's your palate? You consumed two bowls of medicinal soup Lan Zhan."

"Not the first time. Won't be the last time either."

"True. Where are we going?" He asked when I lead him out of Cloud Recess. "Lan Zhan, we're cutting curfew time?"

"Don't worry. We'll be back soon."

Not leaving any opportunity; Wei Ying was instantly next to me, snaking his hand into mine and kissing me lightly on the cheeks, "I love you."

"Hm."

"Lan Zhan, Oh! Lan Zhan. Even after all these years your 'Hm' is all I get as a reply. By the way, are we sneaking out so that you can feed me?"

He always surprised me. "How did you guess?"

"Well for one, you can never watch me sleep empty stomach. Two, it's not only you knowing me, but also me knowing my husband. So where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere." My answer was purposely vague.

"Alright. I won't ask further but can we go to some place extremely spicy?"

"Hm."

Pulling him close to my body, I summoned Bichen and mounting him, we both took off to one place I knew by heart, he'll love the food.