You ~ The time we met

(A/n: This story is set up when Lan Zhan and Wei Ying are ten years of age.)

"Wangji."

Looking up from my scrolls I saw brother approaching with a warm smile adorning his face. Like the sun above, wherever my brother would go, he would bring warmth to a person's heart. Unlike me, even at age ten who found it extremely cumbersome to make friends, he had no such issues.

"Brother." He was the only one who could understand me when I had no words to speak.

"I knew you'd be at Jingshi." Taking a seat on the ground next to me by the Peony Tree; he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Season is changing Wangji. Spring is almost here."

All I could do was nod and look at the vast expanse of Gusu. Spring is nearing. Colours are visibly changing.

"Aren't you going out with your classmates to the nearby village?"

At his enquiry I glanced back to my scrolls and shook my head, "Not interested."

I could feel brother's keen eyes on me. I didn't dare look up, for one fact that I didn't want to accompany my classmates and the other reason was even if I did go, no one would want me there. Rather than be treated like an outcast, it was better to be here in my own company in Jingshi. Here, there was no one to judge me.

"Uncle and I are traveling to Yunmeng Sect. Why don't you accompany us?" Before I could deny; brother plucked a leaf that had fallen on the ground and smiled, "Yunmeng Sect Leader Jiang Fengmian has three children; and of them two are boys. They're your age Wangji. Probably you could become friends with them?"

"I doubt that brother..."

"As always such a pessimist." With a chuckle brother caressed my hair and stood to leave. "Think about it. You accompanying would make me immensely happy." With that brother walked away and I glanced back at the scrolls on my lap.

'There is no one who would want to be my friend, brother.' But I never said those words aloud. They were never needed. He knew I was lonely. I was lonely, but in my own way I was contented too.

"Are we expecting guests?" I enquired as my eyes sought the delicious delicacies that were being prepared

"Ah Xian, the Gusu Lan Clan are expected to arrive shortly. They will be staying with us for a day and tomorrow along with father, they would be leaving for LanLing Jin Sect for a conference."

Before Shijie could say more we both heard a stern voice of someone I wished to have had no acquaintance with.

Madam Yu!

"You will stay in your room until they leave. I don't want you creating any more trouble than you already are. Is that clear?"

Seeing Madam Yu's Zidian; I quickly nodded for the scars from before on my back pained at the memory of it meeting my skin.