Falling in love with Mr.Perfect. part 3

Hey people, like I promised. Here's the next part. I hope you're liking it. Comment on what you think about the story so far. Thanks. Vote and comment. xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     It was so hot, I didn't know where I was. I tried looking around but all I could see was fields of flowers. They were beautiful flowers and suddenly a gush of wind passed. It was perfect and I just dropped on my back and relaxed. I could smell something sweet and I looked around to see what it was but nothing was near me. A shade of cloud covered up the sun and I enjoyed the moment. I could feel the wind coming by again but it was to stay.

     The bus honked and I opened my eyes. I realised I had fallen asleep. I look to my left and was surprised to have Reece's body so close to mine. He was adjusting the air-conditioner above me so that it would center on me. I looked out the window only to realise that the curtains had been closed. Reece sat back down and the air that misplaced was filled with a nice sweet scent. He smelt exactly like what I had smelt in my dream. The curtain, air-conditioner, sweet scent. Had my dream been a involuntary mirror of what happened in real life?

     I was wide awake now and I didn't know what to do. My mp3 was in my bag, so was my book and snacks. I couldn't be bothered to go through all the hassle of taking my bag, if I could even reach it. I closed my eyes and decided to sleep again. We probably still had a few long hours left. 

     "Are you ok?" asked Reece.

     I turned to look at him. His forehead was creased and he seemed sincerely asking. "Yeah," I hesitated. What's wrong with him?

     He put his hand in his pocket and took out Revels, my favourite chocolate. I like to guess which flavour I get.  "Do you want some?" Reece asked.

     "Ok, this is weird. What do you want from me? Did you put something on my face when I slept? Has that chocolate been somewhere?" I asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

     "Oh for Pete's sake, some being so melodramatic. I'm just asking if you want chocolate! If you don't want it then just say so!" he said, turning his body back to the front.

     I looked at him opening the packet and taking a taste out of the first one. "Hmm, coffee." I stared at him, wishing I hadn't said anything. I slumped back and sighed.

     "Close your eyes," he said. I moved only my head and raised an eyebrow. "You have to guess which one I give you. You can't see though, if not you'll know which one it is."

     I stared at him and decided chocolate had the better of me and closed my eyes. I felt his fingers on my lips as he gently placed the chocolate in my mouth. I tasted the chocolate and smiled, "Toffee." "Okay, you're turn!"

     He gave me the packet and I dug around for some flavour. I decided to go with the orange creme, the flavour I didn't like. "Open wide!"

     I saw him chew and a thought registered in his mind. He made a nasty face and said, "Orange creme! I hate that one!" he said. My eyes opened wide and I stared at him. We just ate normally after that.

     The bus stopped about an hour later and I opened the curtains. I saw we had stopped at a rest stop. Mrs. Oaks stood up and told us to we had one hour to have lunch and to go to the toilet. I looked at my watch. I didn't realized it was already noon and that we had been travelling for 3 hours. Reece eagerly got up and stretched his hands. He was out of the door before I could say anything.

     Emma was waiting for me outside the bus with a big smile plastered on her face. I came down and she clung onto my hand. We headed to the toilet first and she began talking about how fun the trip had been.

     "There was this one time when Aaron accidentally sat on a bag of potato chips and the thing exploded! Crisps was flying everywhere but thankfully the driver didn't have a heart attack! Everyone was laughing including Mr. Darren!" she chimed.

     "Great to know you had fun! I was stuck in Saturn! There wasn't even a sound. Everyone was sitting down and it was so quiet I didn't realise I had fallen asleep! It was nice to sleep though since someone this morning had to disturb me sleep in the shower!"

     We headed to Burger King to have our lunch. There was a few people in from our school and the rest were strangers. We took our order and sat by the window. Emma kept on talking and I just stare coherently at her. I looked pass her and saw Reece laughing with his friends.

     "Hello! Earth to Tess?" Emma said. She then turned around to see what I was looking at. "Oh yeah, Reece is in your bus, right? Did you two fight the whole way or did you sit as far away as possible from him?"

     I imagined the scene in the bus when he closed the curtain and helped me cool down. I blushed at the thought of him being so close. "He sat next to me."

     "Well at least your bus had some noise in it when you two fought!" She laughed at the thought of it.

     "No actually, we didn't fight at all. He was...nice."

     "Woah! What? Did I just hear you right? Did you say nice? Is there something wrong with your food? Is it drugged?" Emma asked. She pretended to examine my burger.

     "No, I mean, he's probably trying to make me believe he's nice or something. I tell you, he'll return to his normal self again."

     Emma didn't look too convinced but she shrugged her shoulders and continued eating. Reece came by with his friends and stared at us. "Well, who do we have here? Enjoying your burger, Tess? You should eat more if you want to get some strength to actually take your bag down," Reece smirked.

     "Talk of the devil and the devil shall descend." I looked at Emma with an I-told-you-so look and took a bite out of my burger. I chewed and opened my mouth to Reece.

     "Eww! You disgusting pig!" he said and walked away. Aaron looked and nodded. "Cool," he said.

     "Tess! That was revolting! But what you said about Reece was right. What does he mean about taking your bag down though?" Emma asked. She stared longingly at Aaron who was long gone.

     "I couldn't put my bag in the overhead compartment this morning. It was just a total failure."

     She chewed on that thought for awhile and continued talking about Aaron and his misfits later.

     We had finished eating and saw that we had only a mere 10 minutes left. We headed to the 7-eleven and bought some snacks. We reached the bus just in time.

     “Goodbye Emma! Have fun for the rest of your life. Be happy, I’ll always be watching over you!” I said. Emma dramatically ran slowly to me and hugged me.

     “I’ll miss you dearly! I’ll always remember you. I’ll visit your grave everyday!” she said, feigning to wipe a tear.

     “Ok ladies, that’s enough, time to part.” Mrs. Oaks said. She looked at us dejectedly and waited for me to get on the bus.

     I walked to my seat and see that Reece had already sat down. He looked annoyingly at me and closed his eyes. What was his problem? Is he a girl? Why does he have mood swings and at me? His legs were talking up all the space for me to go into my seat. Mrs. Oaks told me to sit down and started counting.

     “I need to go in,” I said. Reece didn’t move an inch. He didn’t even open his eyes. Mrs. Oaks warned me to sit down again. I pushed against his legs and the bus started moving. Before I could stop myself, I was sitting on top of Reece. He opened his eyes and grunted from the pressure I had hit him with.

     I looked at him apologetically and tried to get up but the bus stopped and made me fall back onto him. I look at him again and said, “I’m sorry.” He had his hand on my back, ready to catch me fall this time. He looked at me worriedly and looked concerned. We stared into each other’s eyes for what felt like eternity until finally he gave a fake cough and I quickly stood up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for this part! Keep reading to find out what happens next. I'm thinking of writing Reece's P.O.V for the next part. Comment and vote. xx