Falling in love with Mr.Perfect. part 12

Hello! This is just a short one. I have to be somewhere soon and I might not be able to post anything through the weekends. We'll just see though if I can squeeze it through somewhere. The story is nearly ending. Hope you liked what you've read so far! Keep reading. Thanks for the votes though I'm lacking in the comments department. Please vote and comment if you have the time. Thanks.. xxx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tess’s P.O.V

            I’ll be going now,” said Luke. He stared down at me and I managed a smile. I couldn’t really understand his expression. He bent down and kissed me on the cheeks.

            I took hold of his hands and he looked momentarily shocked. He then turned around and went into the bus. I had the last touch of his fingers and then he disappeared into the bus. I saw him walk near to the back and it reminded me of Reece. I began wondering how he was holding up.

            I looked up to Luke who looked sad. He managed a wave and a smile before the bus headed its way. I turned around back to the camp. Already it seemed like something was missing. Like everything was more quiet and dull.

            I trudged back to my cabin and peeked inside. No one was inside and I wondered if Emma was still in Aaron’s cabin. I smiled for her happiness and flopped on my bed. A few seconds later, the door opened and in stepped Emma. She saw me and a big huge smile came onto her face.

            I stood up and hugged her. At least part of her life was settled, at least for now anyway. She came and sat on my bed. We both sat cuddled with each other as she told what had happened in the cabin. I could see she was excited and very happy. Suddenly her face became sad.

            “I only feel sorry for Callum though,” she said, frowning.

            “He would have wanted you to be happy,” I said, trying to cheer her up. She thought on that for a second and then she nodded.

            “You’re right.” She smiled and we both sat in silent with our own thoughts running wild. “So how are you and Luke holding up?” she asked.

            I tilted my head to the right and looked at her. I shrugged not knowing what to say. I put my hands in my pocket and pulled something hard and unexpected out. It was a mini see-through glass bear holding a love heart. I wondered how it had gotten into my pockets and then thought of Luke. I smiled as I looked in detail at the pretty bear. I put my hands in the other pocket and took out the piece of paper that Luke had given me. I got up from bed and went to my wardrobe. I took out my phone from my jacket’s pocket and started keying in Luke’s number.

            ‘Hi Luke, thanks for the bear. It’s adorable’ I texted. I waited for a reply but none came. Soon it was already half an hour and I wondered if Luke had gotten my message at all. I decided to call him and ask.

            The caller ringtone was of Taylor Swift’s Fifteen. I laughed thinking that the style did not match to Luke at all. A voice answered and I listened in shock.

            “Hello?” said the voice. I was surprised as it was of a teenage girl’s voice.

            “Hi, can I speak to Luke?”

            “I’m sorry but you’ve got the wrong number. No Luke lives here.”

            I sighed in relief. At least he hadn’t forgotten about me and gone off with some other girl. I had just keyed in the wrong number. No wonder he hadn’t replied. I typed in the number with caution this time making sure I had the right number each time.

            I called again and to my shock and horror it was the same caller ringtone. I knew what was coming next and I dreaded it.

            “Hello?” she said again.

            “Hi, is Luke in?” I asked.

            “Luke? No. You’ve really got the wrong number. I don’t know anyone called Luke,” she said, sweetly. She sounded young, probably about 13.

            “Oh…It’s ok then. I’m sorry to have bothered you. I won’t call again,” I said, disappointed.

            Emma cocked her head to the side. She looked at me as I stare sadly at her. “What’s wrong?” she asked.

            I shook my head and placed the phone back into the jacket. “He gave me the wrong number and I think it was on purpose.”

Luke’s P.O.V

            “I’ll be going now,” I said. I looked down at her and she smiled. I felt sad at what I was about to do but it was better for the both of us. I bent down and kissed her cheeks. Slowly, I put in a small charm into her pocket. I wish upon the night stars that she’ll find happiness and if it was with that Reece guy then so be it.

            She took hold of my hand and for a second I was going to blow everything and hug her but I willed myself to turn around and go into the bus. I walked to the near back and sat down. Tess was looking vacant and I wondered what she was thinking about. I knew that it wasn’t about me but for the last moment I was there, I wish it was. I waved her goodbye and gave her a smile as big as I managed as the bus starting moving forward.

            “Goodbye Tess,” I whispered and closed the curtains. I closed my eyes and willed everything to go away but I knew they wouldn’t.

            It had been about an hour and I wondered how long it would take Tess to notice the number I gave her was a fake one. I knew our relationship wouldn’t work out. She probably lived far away and even if we had managed to meet up one day, I know it’ll never work. I can see from her eyes that she’ll never forget Reece.

            I clenched my fist into a ball and then heaved a sigh. Callum looked at me as if I was going crazy and then he too sighed. I wondered what had happened to him. A light came onto my phone’s screen and for a second my heart skipped a beat.

            Everything came tumbling down when I saw the name on the screen. It was dad calling probably to ask what time I would be in school for him to fetch me. What was I thinking? I had given her the wrong number. How on earth would she have managed to call me? I smirked at myself and picked up the phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! I think I'm quite free tomorrow but I might have to skip the weekends. I hope you still bear with me and wait for the next few parts. It's nearly to the finish. I guess a couple more parts should do it. Thanks so far. xx