Falling in love with Mr.Perfect. part 14

Hello! Part !4 is here! This was initially my ending but it was too long so I split it into two. So the ending would be in the next part. I would like to thank all of you for reading and hoped you have enjoyed it! I have two more stories already in my head that I want to write but I had decided to finish with this one first! I love you all and thank you for reading. Please vote and comment. xxx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up early in the morning and went downstairs to breakfast. Dad was coming down with a cold and Mum had made him some porridge. I ate breakfast and watched TV. Dad came in the living room and sat down. He looked over at me a few times and when he was satisfied I wasn’t depressed or mentally distraught he continued watching TV. Mum came in and sat next to Dad. He put and arm around her and she snuggled in beside him.

I wondered if my life would ever be like that. I began wishing to have at least half of the happiness my parents have with each other. I think that would be more than enough. Dad kissed Mum passionately and I watched in amaze.

After a few seconds, Mum pulled back and playfully hit Dad on the arms. “Get away from me. You’ll get all the germs on me,” my mum joked. My dad began playfully attacking with kisses as she tried ducking away.

“Oh mum, can I have some porridge to take? My friend is…sick,” I explained. Both Mum and Dad looked at me and then Mum got up.

“Sure honey.”

I was all set and ready by noon and I walked down to the cemetery. Reece hadn’t arrived yet and I sat by the grave looking at the wilted flowers I had brought in yesterday.

Reece’s P.O.V

            I reached the cemetery just past noon. I wondered if Tess would actually come. I mean why would she want to come to a cemetery anyway? What more with me? My breath caught in my throat as I came by the cemetery gate. Tess was sitting down by Lily’s grave picking up the flowers she had brought yesterday.

            She began plucking the petals one by one and scattered them on the grave making it more pleasant looking and prettier. I could imagine Lily doing the same thing. She would love to play with flowers. She always plucked one by one and let them flow in the wind.

            I came by her side but she was so content with what she was doing she didn’t notice my presence.

            “What are you doing?” I asked. Tess looked up in shock and stared into my eyes. Her face looked so innocent and scared and she had the spitting image of Lily right there and then. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. She then calmed down and gave a small smile.

            “They’ve wilted,” she said almost sadly. She looked down at the flowers and then carefully patted the grave.

            We talked for almost an hour about nothing in particular. I looked at the time and decided it was time to go back home. We began walking, taking a different route this time. Tess had something in her hand. She was holding a plastic bag and I wondered what was in it.

            She noticed that I was looking and for a second I thought she was blushing. She held the plastic bag out and said, “It’s for you.”

            I was taken aback and took the bag hesitantly. I was surprised by the weight of it. It was heavier than it looked. “What is it?” I asked.

            She looked down, shyly. “Porridge,” she whispered. “Since…you know…you’re sick.”

            I thought my eyes were going to pop out of their sockets. She still had the decency to bring me porridge even after all the mean things I’ve done to her? I can’t win with this girl.