Falling in love with Mr.Perfect. part 6

I stared into his eyes and a few seconds later he was pulled off of me. The guide began shouting things but my ears didn’t seem to be able to receive noise. I just sat there stunned. Why had he come to save me?

            The guide made us all turn around but Reece didn’t comply. He said that he was ok. He wiped his bloody mouth at the back of his sleeve and tried to move his arm. A crack was heard and he screamed in pain.

            Most of the girls stared at him in worry. The guide’s assistant was kneeling down next to me checking if I was ok. No words came out of my mouth and I simply nodded. I stared down at my shirt which was decorated with blood.

            The guide told his assistant to bring Reece and I back to camp to get treated while the rest of the group continued their hiking. The whole way back, Reece was silent. The assistant kept looking at us worriedly and was relieved when she found the entrance to the camp.

            We were both ushered to the sick bay and a medical staff came to check Reece. He took his shirt off and I saw a big red mark on his back. My hands began shaking and I stared at him worriedly.

            “You didn’t have a big injury but I’ll have to bandage you. You’ll have to stay in here for today and you can’t do any activities tomorrow. You’ll be able to join in some mild activities the day after,” the doctor said.

            He made a few check-ups on me though I had told him I was perfectly fine. He examined a few more things and finally believed me. Reece came back in the room with a nurse trailing along behind him. His left shoulder was bandaged up and I looked down in shame.

            I heard a few whispering and I opened my eyes. I realized I had fallen asleep. I looked around to see where I was and finally knew that I was still in the sick bay. The bed was nice and soft and I looked to the door.

            Emma was standing there looking at me. She was talking to Reece who was sitting on the end bed by the door. She smiled as she saw me get up and came to me. Reece gently lay down and closed his eyes. I began whispering to Emma so that I would not disturb Reece sleep.

            “Tess!” shouted a voice. I turned to the door to see Luke standing there. His face was flushed and a few sweat beads showed on his forehead. “Are you ok?” he asked coming by the bed.

            “I’m fine. Shh, you’re going to wake Reece up!” I whispered.

            “Where are you hurt? Are you going to be ok?” he asked again, his tone getting higher and higher with each question.

            “I said I’m fine! I’m not going to die! Relax,” I said, reassuring him.

            “I’ll come by later,” Emma said. She got up and headed to the door. I saw her head pass the window and she headed up the trail to the cabin.

            Luke was staring all over my body to check for any cuts or bandages. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. Finally, satisfied there wasn’t anything serious he looked at my face. I smiled and he narrowed his eyes.

            “There’s something you’re not telling me right? Why aren’t you all bandaged up like him? Are they taking you to a hospital?” he said, his eyes growing big.

            It seemed like there was no way to tell him I was really fine. I took his hand and gripped it. I stared into his eyes and tried to communicate with mine. He finally gave a sigh and relaxed. He smiled and gripped my hand harder.