Falling in love with Mr.Perfect. part 8

Hey there! I'm so so so sorry! I haven't uploaded anything in a week! I have been soooooo busy lately! i had to take my finals results and had to apply to lots of colleges and I had my driving test too! I passed! yey! :D So to those who are still looking forward for the next parts of this story. They will come and here's part 8. Please forgive me and I hope you will still enjoy my story. Vote and comment! Cheers! xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            The morning sun was up and the buzzing of the campers was still loud in the eating hall. Everyone was still hyper and the tiredness had yet to catch up to them. The boys from last night were sitting at the same table as us. The girls were busy talking with the boys. I toyed around with my food and realized that Luke was staring at me. He had a look that I didn’t understand. It was almost like he was wondering what I was thinking about.

            I scooped up a spoon of cereal and shoved it in my mouth just for the motion of it. He looked at me for a few more seconds and picked up his tray, put the food in the bin and walked out the door. His friends looked at him and then at me. I looked out the window I wasn’t in any mood either this morning.

            Mr. Darren came in and said our activity today was abseiling. The volume of the hall immediately increased but I just stayed silent. An hour later, we all began going in the jungle once again. The trees were all tall and green. It reminded me of Reece and the occurrence of yesterday.   

            It had been quite awhile and just as I was starting to get bored, I heard lots of water gushing. The guide turned to us and smiled. He pushed down a few leaves and showed us the entrance to one of the most breathtaking places I have ever seen. It was a big waterfall and I had the urge to just jump in the blue water.

            The guide told us to form a line and that there would be three small groups. The professionals began strapping us up in harnesses and gears and we all looked down. I was higher than I thought and a feeling of uneasiness came into me.

            Luke was next to me and he smiled. He gave me thumbs up and began abseiling. It was my turn and I turned around slowly. Maybe this was harder than I expected. I didn’t feel good but as I looked to my left I could see the white rapid water going down. How easy it looked to just fall free. I made the biggest mistake of my life when I looked down and saw how high I was dangling.

            I began hyperventilating and grabbed onto the rocks as hard as I could. I could hear a few encouragements and I tried once again to go down. Mid-way I stopped to take a breath. It took my breath away as I saw the beauty of nature. Inside the waterfall were a platform hanging out and a little cave. People began encouraging me once more as they thought I stopped because I was scared. I didn’t want to move but I had to go down. I felt a hand grab me as I reached the ground. I turned around to see Luke beaming at me.

            “You did well,” he said.

            “Thanks.” I looked down and tried to take the harness off. He helped me out but I felt like being away from him.

            All through the day I began avoiding him. I didn’t know why I just wanted to be away from him but I just had to. Later on the day, when we had reached the campsite, I began going up the trail to my cabin when I felt someone grab my arm. As I turned around, Luke began letting go of my arm. I was shocked he was here.

            “Can we talk?” he asked.

            I opened my mouth and then closed it again. I didn’t know what to say. Finally, I just nodded. He asked if I could come up to his cabin and so that we could talk in private. I began following him.