Falling in love with Mr.Perfect. part 10

Yohooo! Double digits! Part 10 is here for you! I can't believe it's already part 10! Thanks for reading. I love you all. Vote and comment! xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke’s P.O.V

            It has been two days since the accident happened. I couldn’t stop thinking of Tess. What had happened and was she alright? The image of her in the eating hall the morning after she came over to my cabin haunted me.

            When I had confronted her and kissed her, she wasn’t her usual self. It was as if something had happened when she went into the sick bay the night her friends and her came over. I knew something was going on her mind and wish as I may, I knew it wasn’t about me.

            I began walking down to the lake. The spot where it all happened made me stop dead in my tracks. Her face of pure pain and shock came flying on my mind. She was staring deeply at the boy who had saved her. I hadn’t understood her expression then and a part of my heart sank at the thought.

            A chaos of words broke out and I looked to the entrance. New campers and students were coming in. I remember when Tess walked in with her cute white blouse. It had a small purple flower in the front and she looked great when the wind flew past taking her hair along. I remember thinking that I had to get to know her.

            I looked back at the lake. I bent down and picked up a few pebbles and started skipping stones. Tomorrow would be my last day; would Tess be back by then? I threw one pebble as hard as I could and it made a big splash.

            “You’re not great at skipping stones are you?” said a voice. I turned around to see a girl with long straight blonde hair. She bent down and picked a few pebbles, choosing them carefully. “You have to get flat ones so it’s easier. Like this.”

            We both watched as she skipped a stone. It went 6 times before sinking. I looked over to her and smiled. She came up to me and threw out her right hand. “I’m Kelly.”

            I took her hand and nodded at her. “Luke.” She looked over to her friends who were flagging her down. They looked at her in admiration. As she tucked in her hair behind her ear and smiled a breathtaking smile that reached her blue-grayish eyes, it wasn’t hard to know why.

            “Well I’ve got to go. You work on your stone skipping and maybe we’ll have a match later on. I’ll see you around.” She left and turned around one more time to give me a quick wave before joining her friends.

            It was obvious that she was pretty but she knew it. It was nothing like Tess who had a beauty that could not compete with others as she herself didn’t know she had the beauty within. She didn’t flaunt it about and that was what made her above every other girl.

            I was about to turn and just walk around the camping site when I saw Tess standing directly behind me. She was staring at me and a small smile crept onto her lips. It reminded me of the moment we kissed and it took every muscle I had to not close the distance between us and do it again.

            She advanced towards me slowly looking over my shoulders to the lake. Her beautiful hair was brown and glistened gold under the sunlight. A strand went into the side of her mouth and I had to look away. She came and stood next to me admiring the sun.

            “Luke, I…” she started. I had a bad feeling and I immediately interrupted her.

            “So, how are you feeling? Are you out of the hospital for sure? How’s you arch enemy?” I joked.