Falling in love with Mr.Perfect. part 9

Hello people! Nice to see you here. Keep reading please! Thanks for all the support. They mean so much to me. Please bear with me as I know I’m posting the stories only once a week these days. I love you all. Vote and comment! xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------           

The sirens began wailing and people made way for a stretcher to come through. Paramedics came and hoisted Reece up into the ambulance. They pulled my motionless self and began checking my vital signs.

            Reece didn’t move an inch all the way to hospital. The sirens were loud and I just wished they would switch it off. It scared me, it was as if it was a sign of danger and desperateness. My elbows were grazed and I had a few cuts on my hands. It was nothing compared to Reece though. He lay motionless with tubes coming in and out of his body.

            There was chaos upon reaching the hospital. Reece was taken away rapidly while I was put in a small white room. A nurse came and helped stitch me up and I didn’t feel any pain as my mind was away with Reece.

            It was only hours later that I was led to a single white room. Curtains were pulled back and I saw Reece. An oxygen mask was covering his mouth and I saw wisps of air sticking to the mask every time he exhaled. His eyes were still closed and I walked slowly over to his bed.

            “He’s sustained a few injuries but he’s in a stable condition,” said a doctor.

            The nurses and doctor left the room and I was alone with Reece. The steady rhythm of the machine soothed me. His left hand was by his side and I touched it lightly. I didn’t know what to expect but the warmness of his hand caught me unexpected.

            “Why? Why did you do it?” I whispered. I knew he wouldn’t be able to answer me. I didn’t know if he could even hear me. “Now you’re hurt. I didn’t tell you to save me…” I trailed off.

            A movement was heard behind me and I saw Aaron leaning to his side by the door. When he knew I acknowledged his presence he came in. He walked over to the other side of Reece and just stared at him.

            “You still don’t get it do you?” Aaron said. His voice was low but it startled me. I looked up at him not knowing whether he was talking to me or Reece.

            He sighed and continued staring at Reece. “Have you heard of anyone called Lily?” he asked. He looked at me after he asked the question so I knew the question was directed to me. I shook my head slowly.

            “It’s his sister. Lily was Reece’s younger sister.”

            “Was?” I asked, uncertain.

            “You might not know this but Reece had a younger sister once. He loved her and took care of her like she was some precious fragile little thing. It would be lucky if anyone got even a fraction of his attention and care that he had given Lily.”

            I started remembering the night that I had visited Reece at the sick bay. It was the night he had said my name in his sleep. He had said of a Lily and I imagined the pain he was in. Aaron opened up the drawer by the bed and took out a brown wallet and opened it up. He took out a worn out picture and stared at it. A small smile crept on his lips and closed the wallet and placed it back in the drawer.

            I thought he was about to leave but instead just as he was passing me he touched my shoulder. I looked up and saw he was looking at the picture. “Do you ever wonder why he always treated you badly?”