Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"You didn't have your breakfast… should I make something else?" Her fingers automatically went to her thigh and she started tapping on it, her habit when she is nervous.

"I still have that disgusting taste in my mouth, what else can you serve? I don't want anything." He continued reading some files and dotting down something on paper.

Her heart shattered at his words. Not because he was so cruel. But because she knew her food tasted good and they were deliberately hurting her.

Her parents pushed her out from one hell and threw her in another one.

It would have been better if she would just have run away from her house. Its struggle would be better than to see money rich people so poor at heart.

And she had only seen bad hearts so far.

Not wanting to sit in his presence, she decided to sit with his mother instead.

Sanober already had company with her other two daughter in laws and Saman, they were laughing at something while eating some snacks. They looked like a perfect family. Not wanting to disturb their privacy, she was about to turn back but it was too late as Sanober called her in. Awkwardly smiling, she stepped inside now in a silent living room.

As soon as she sat beside her, all the three ladies got up and made some or the other excuse and left the living room. The lump in her throat felt too big to even gulp down.

Was it too much to ask for an ideal family? For someone who would just show her that they love her even if they don't? Just wanting to feel wanted just for a moment?

Sanober was about to say something when two ladies came inside greeting them in a formal way. Later she came to know, they were neighbours and had come to see her. The new and elder bride of the Yazdani house.

From their eyes she could tell that rather than greeting her, they had come to judge her, the skill she learnt at a very early age.

"You have chosen quite a beautiful daughter in law for your son Sanober." One of them said with a fake smile.

"Indeed. And she makes delicious food and is an expert fashion designer too." Sanober praised her with pride shining in her eyes.

"Huh! You said that last time too." And then the real reason for their visit started.

"Ha ha...yes you said that last time too...my daughter in law is one in the millions...and then she ran away with your millions." Laughing out loud they high-fived each other.

"Think before you speak, Sanober… what if Haroon's second wife comes out like the last one?…" They didn't even care that she was sitting right in front of them before saying such absurd things.

Her heart beat fastened listening to their talks as they went on and on about what she had done and what she could do. Keeping Haroon Yazdani's ex-wife and current wife simultaneously in their talks. But she lost her cool, when they taunted Sanober. She was the only person good to her since she stepped in the threshold of this house last night.

"Aunty! You are here to insult me...then so be it. But if you will say something to aunty...then the door is open for you. Go and break someone else's house." Saying she stood up and suddenly felt bile raising in her throat. Ignoring their angry glare she rushed towards her husband's room.

Yes! She was his second wife. Or to be precise, forced second wife.

××××××××××

"I have to buy some clothes. Thanks to you I have nothing of my own here." I said monotonously on the breakfast table which surprisingly we were having together.