Chapter 4

Note: The story of Azferene and Haroon is in past whereas the meeting of Azferene and Ilhaam is in present. Do ask if you have any confusion.

Chapter 4

Days passed like that. There wasn't any progress in their relationship neither his siblings were good to her. Haroon would wake up early, pour the bucket full of cold water on her before her alarm rings, even if she set it before his time, didn't know whose revenge he was taking on her? The couch wouldn't even dry till night and she still had to sleep on the wet couch, because it was a routine for them. She would then take out his clothes and essentials. And then prepare breakfast for all of them, which surprisingly they began to eat after a week of pushing her food away but their taunts and side remarks never died. Rest of the day she would either cook or just sit ideally in her room cause even if she crossed paths with his siblings, they would make nasty faces on her.

She was busy in her thoughts laying on the wet couch, which would probably result in changing her clothes afterwards when the door opened and Haroon came inside, throwing his bag on his study table and freeing his tie.

"Assalamualaikum". And he greeted back. That was the only conversation they had until now. "Apse kuch baat karni thi." He just glanced at her blankly. And she continued when she realised he wouldn't reply to her. "I...I wanted your permission to start my job again." Her fingers automatically made their way to her thigh and started tapping them.

"And who told you I would give you permission?" He snarled, making her startle.

"I...I...thought…" Her voice barely came out.

"And who gave you the permission to think? Huh?" Next thing she knew, she was pushed and pressed against the wall with his hands slammed on either side of her face. She flinched.

"Listen here. And listen carefully, you are mine. I can do anything with you and treat you any way I like. So keep in mind before you even open this filthy mouth of yours. I don't like to repeat myself." Spatting each word on her face he waited for her to react. But she didn't. She just closed her eyes and engulfed each insult he threw her way.

"I don't want to be a burden on you. Please let me continue my job." She whispered with closed eyes and his eyes widened. "Today or tomorrow I will need money if you also decide to leave me. And I can't take your money when I know I am forced on you. Please. Allow me. I won't be able to do it without your permission." She continued when he didn't do anything, not caring if he does anything now. Because whatever the outcome, she needed something to rely on. Because even if anything happens, she won't be going back to her parent's house.

Haroon was lost. His mind replaying a voice, he so wants to forget.

Stop touching me, it's annoying.

Don't you dare try to control my life.

I will do whatever I want.

I don't need your permission.

I am doing this business and you will be the one investing in it.

A voice totally opposite of what he was listening to now. His mind went hazy. He couldn't think straight. And her trembling body just in front of him didn't help either. He wiped away the tears that trailed down from her closed eyes with the pads of his thumb leaning towards her a bit.

Azferene opened her eyes and saw the swirling emotions in his orbs making her whole body and thoughts freeze.

They were just inches away when the door opened with a thud making them scurry away from each other in an instant.