Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Hello." I smiled at the lady.

"Hello." He copied her fake excitement, making her scrunch her face.

It has been two weeks since I left them behind, but they have totally another plan. Since then, Safdar Hamdani was following me, like a shadow. When I said "shadow", it meant at a totally different level. He would just be with me everywhere I go, talk to me, eat with me. And I would just ignore him all along.

Azferene had been meeting me now and then, but I ignored her too. Because I can't forget the hurt I gave her, and the guilt was too overpowering my emotions. Gulabo and Khalid had done that too. And now it was getting on my nerves. They all were frustrating me now. And about Mr. And Mrs. Wajahat aka my parents, I don't even want to think about them. But as Azferene said, they were too ashamed to face me.

"One farmhouse pizza with burst cheese and one chicken noodles." I ordered, and as usual he copied me ordering the same order and followed me towards the table.

"You know, you are the first girl who has the audacity to make The Safdar Hamdani roam behind her." He said proudly while I, as usual, ignored him. But I would be lying if I said my heart didn't flutter at his sentence and kept eating my lunch.

He sighed dejectedly. I still don't know why he was even following me? I wasn't anyone to him, then why was he making it a big deal.

"I will just pray Zuhr in the nearby masjid and come." Saying he stood up and paid the bill before exiting the hotel when I didn't even reply.

I sat there taking my time to finish the lunch unconsciously waiting for him to return. But then scolding myself for thinking like that, I left the hotel.

In contrast to the warm atmosphere of the hotel, a cold breeze welcomed me, making me shiver as I hugged myself.

Reality was very hard to sink in, only if I was still alone, I wouldn't have been drowning in guilt of misbehaving with them. I wouldn't have been cursing myself for hurting them. I wouldn't be dying from thinking for these people. I just wouldn't.

I just kept walking without realising where I was going when a loud horn resonated around me and someone pulled me back before that car could hit me. I didn't even flinch...maybe because I was hoping to die from this nightmare.

"ARE YOU MAD?" I flinched this time because that voice was close to my ear, Safdar Hamdani shouted at me.

I brushed away his hands, it was the first time he touched me like that if you won't count the first meeting where he slightly pushed me in his car.

"I AM TALKING TO YOU ILHAAM! ARE YOU MAD? YOU COULD HAVE DIED!" The horror, the fear he felt for me was clearly evident in his eyes as well as voice which was laced with slight anger...okay a little more anger.

"THEN LET ME BE! WHAT IS IT TO YOU? HUH? EVEN IF I WOULD HAVE DIED, WHAT IS IT TO YOU? WHO ARE YOU TO ME? IT WOULD BE BETTER WHEN YOU WOULDN'T HAVE ANYONE TO FOLLOW AROUND EVERYWHERE FOR WHATEVER REASON YOU HAVE! LET ME DIE! I DON'T EVEN HAVE ANYONE WHO WOULD WAIT FOR ME IF I DIDN'T REACHED HOME ON TIME! AND...Who are you to save me? Huh? I don't even know you. I don't even know where you were after that accident. And you think I should trust you?" That old habit of mine was taking a toll on me. My voice died down at the end as I myself didn't know what nonsense I was talking about.

He just kept listening to my blabber all the while, while people began to gather around us, but his one glare was enough to scatter them away.

"I just wanted you to forgive your friends, you are angry at them because of me. I told them not to tell anyone. And about my whereabouts, I was undercover, Zafar needed to be arrested so I was appointed to get the proof of his dirty business."