Chapter 1: Bench Encounter

I moved one step at a time. Controlling my breathing, slowing it down. I was following along the dirt path that lead to all the dorms. I had finished an exhausting day of school and studying not too long ago and it was already dark. Currently, I was experiencing several thoughts clouding my judgement about was the pressure I was receiving. From U.A and my peers. Everyone expected me to be better than the best, especially since I'm a part of the prestigious big 3. In reality, I'm just me. I can do so much but at the same time I feel I can do more. As I was deep in thought, my gaze shifted to my right and I spotted a small wooden bench in front of me. I changed my direction towards the bench, sat down, and began to star gaze. It was becoming a late Monday night and I had school tomorrow, I knew if I wanted to perform well I should get some sleep, but I don't feel like sleeping right now, I'm tireless.

I Nejire Hado, the cheerful girl who is always curious and able to make people smile, was struggling to smile herself right now. The only two people I'm friends with are on a prolonged mission on the other side of Japan for their work studies that were supposed to end a month ago. I wasn't even told when their mission would finish and when they would return, this meant I had been by myself for a couple of months now, it was beginning to become stressful and a little lonely. 

I teared up at the thought of being isolated, they threatened to fall but I wouldn't let them. I was one of the big three and yet I had no one to talk to, no one to confide in. No matter how hard I would try to speak to people with my bubbly tone and bright smile, they would just brush me off because they don't need more people to say hi to in the morning. I leaned further back into the soft wood of the bench. What am I going to do? Most of the guys in the school can't even pay attention to me without shifting their gaze else where on me. On the other hand, most, if not all, of the girls in the school are jealous of me. 

I'm supposed to be the one who cheers others up, but now I'm the one who needs cheering up. Not much of a super hero like I wanted to be, now am I? 

"Excuse me," a male voice started.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I defintely was not in the mood to speak with someone right now so I attempted to make my response quick.

"I-I'm totally fine!" I exclaimed in my fakest cheerful voice that I could muster in the moment.

"It certainly doesn't look that way, you have tears streaming down your cheeks."

I touched my right cheek with one of my fingers and discovered he was right. I was crying, heavily. 

"Why does it matter to you anyway?" I asked as an quiet sob began.

"Well, we're training to be heroes right? That doesn't always mean physically, sometimes people need saving emotionally." the boy explained calmly.

"Y-Yeah, I guess s-so" I replied, looking up at him for a moment.

I had my face tucked in between my knees. I still had my school uniform on from the end of the school day. 

"Would you maybe want to talk about it? I-It's totally fine if you don't though".

The sweet kindness in his voice was relaxing to me for some reason.

"Not really, I don't want you to start telling people about this".

The boy sat down next to me while I started to get ready to leave. I stood up from the bench and turned away from him.

"I could help you, I don't know who you are and you don't know who I am. I could give you advice and you would never have to see me again. As for not telling people, that comes down to if you trust me, which right now I can imagine is hard for you." he explained to me thoughtfully.

I stopped in my tracks, not turning around to face him. Trails of tears continued to leave my puffy eyes as I stifled a sniff or two. I wiped my eyes and put my head down, my hair covering my eyes. I slowly turned my body around to face him. Did he really not know who I am? It's a gamble but I really want to release this pressure I'm feeling.

"O-Ok then. I'll t-trust you." I stuttered out nervously.

I sat back down, for some reason his voice seemed trust worthy. So I decided to give him a shot. 

"What's... troubling you?" he asked cautiously.

Without a second thought, I poured my feelings into my speech.

"I feel so much pressure from becoming a hero, I'm supposed to be the person that smiles all the time and cheers up those around them. Instead I'm the one who needs the cheering up, I'm expected to be one of the top heroes some day but I don't know how I'm supposed to do it. My only two friends are on a mission for potentially the rest of the year and I'm worried they're going to get hurt. I don't know anyone else and those I do know can't talk to me without getting jealous or staring at my body."

Just like that, I felt just a little bit better.

I can't believe that I'm sharing my problems with someone I just met and probably won't ever see again. Strangely, I didn't feel his gaze drift downwards. He was only focusing on my face. This was a first since I met Amajiki and Togata. 

Rain began to drip heavily around us.

"That is a lot to deal with. I can't be sure you'll meet new people but I know you're friends are going to be ok. They're heroes in training as well, I'm sure they're fine. As for the pressure you're feeling, I'm sure you'll become a great hero some day. I'm guessing that you're scared to be alone. I've had the feeling plenty of times before. You just have to keep you're head up strong, even when you're hurting. If you have no one to support you, then maybe I could. I know you don't know me and I don't know you but I'm willing to help someone in need." the boy spoke with determination.

"R-Really? You want to help me?" I responded quietly. 

Why was he being so nice to me?

It was like he didn't even have to find the words to say. He spoke from the heart, a true feeling that I always depended on. A small wave of affection washed over me. It was a foreign feeling, but a welcome and warm one. It made me feel even more nervous.

"What's your n-name? If you don't mind me asking." I questioned.

"Izuku Midoriya, but you can call me Deku! It's my hero name and saving people is my top priority. What about you?" he replied.

"N-Nejire H-Hado.".

"It's nice to meet you Hado" he spoke with a small smile. 

I looked up to meet his sparkling green eyes. 'Deku' was helping me even though he didn't even know me. This boy was a true hero. Anyone who knew him could probably see that.

I scooted over next to him as light rain started to pour down around us. There's a saying I heard once. 'The best rain knows what time to fall'. I kissed his right cheek, making a visible pink shade appear in the spot I pecked him. I leaned on his shoulder in a blissful state.

"Thank you, Deku." I whispered. 

"Y-You're w-welcome". 

__________

Author's note: New story for everyone! I don't have a specific update schedule but it will be regularly. Have a good day or night! :D