Chapter 7: Difficult Teachings

As I stood there contemplating what I could add to my move set, I had an epiphany. If I were to beat Sora in a match, perhaps he would see potential in me, then he would want to train me. I only hope I can beat him, he's a third year after all. I turned back around and began walking, the iron souls of my shoes hitting the ground with determination. 

"Sora! If you won't teach me, then I'll fight for it! You and me, right now. If I win, you have to teach me something, if you win, you can keep being a lazy third year." I shouted.

He burst out laughing in response.

"You seriously think you have a chance to even touch me kid?" Sora snickered.

"Tell you what, you lay even a finger on me and I'll teach you for this lesson ONLY. However, because I know you'll fail, I'll make this a quick knockout." He exclaimed with a villainous look in his eyes. 

How did this guy get into U.A? I swallowed my nervousness and powered up one for all to 8%. Since I don't know his quirk, I'll have to play defensively to start.

"Ready kid, FIGHT!" he roared.

Sora came at me swiftly, swinging a right hook. I narrowly dodged it and sent a kick creating a powerful wave of green energy towards him. He kept his eye on me the whole time and speeded up a bit while avoiding my attack. I have to find out this guy's quirk before it's too far in the battle.

"Aww, trying to find out what my quirk is? You'll know when I use it to destroy you." Sora mocked.

Come on, give me a small hint, just enough of a clue to tip me off. He was leaping from surface to surface, gaining speed every time, he was skilled to say the least. Sora went back and forth from touching surfaces and swinging at me, like he was getting faster every time? Maybe that's it! I jumped in the air to miss another one of his attacks and fell back down, aiming my foot directly into the floor to try and remove any cover in the area. 

Just before hitting the ground I switched to 20% of One For All and demolished the floor. The area around us crumbled and shook with increasing violence. When I got the chance to look around I couldn't see Sora in all the dust, but I managed to remove all of the buildings close to us. This time I used a light punch to remove the smoke and reveal Sora. He was circling me, keeping distance while confusing me, Sora was moving at incredible rates. Gotta' predict...

I leaped into the circle he was running in and threw a mighty punch with as much force as I could possibly muster. I missed. By a long shot too. Wind formed around me, almost as if a small tornado was shaping. I had to get out of this. I jumped outwards and was about to escape from the wind.

"Oh no you don't!" he yelled as he moved too fast to keep up with. 

I couldn't track him anymore and he struck me in the arm, knocking me back to the centre. Then he struck me in the leg, then the chest, until he was hitting me every second from a new angle. I couldn't keep this up, I was going to lose and I couldn't move from my position. In a last ditch attempt, I swung in all directions, causing large amounts of win pressure, hoping to hit him even once. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a single shot on him and he had hit enough blows on me to keep even All Might in his prime on guard. 

I fell to the floor, exhausted and beat. 

"You can't even handle that, kid? I wasn't even trying." Sora spoke.

"Well- I'm not- done yet!" I breathed tiredly.

Sora conjured a large storm cloud above us.

"This will put an end to your squirming." he spoke devilishly. 

In one swift blow, the fight was over. Lightning had jolted down towards me and struck me violently. leaving me shocked and laying on the floor in an intense pain.

"Ow..." I groaned painfully.

Looks like my plan had failed. Horribly at that. 

"Since you tried so hard I'll give you a little pointer. First thing you need to know is to never stand still, it's how you get killed. Makes you an easy target for surprise attacks and if you're not paying enough attention, normal or unforseen attacks." Sora explained.

_______

After our battle, he had the decency to tell All Might he went a little rough on me and let me go to recovery girl.

I lied in the nurse's officed and stewed about our brawl. I certainly didn't give it my all but I also was trying to win. It just proves to me that I have so much left to learn. 

"You're all cleared to head back to class now, although theres only a few minutes until the bell rings for the day." Recovery girl advised in her elderly voice.

I walked back to All Might's class and yawned after the healing of Recovery girl's quirk. 

"Come in students, you're all dismissed for the day!" All Might informed everyone.

Looks like I learned little to nothing, took a beating, and now I'm super tired. Not one of my best classes.

I walked away from the battle arena feeling exhausted and like a failure. I hadn't gained Sora's respect and I learnt absolutely nothing. I'll have to try and find another way to learn without Sora, but I can't just learn third year material on my own.

I walked into the locker room and began changing back into the U.A uniform. Amongst the chatter in the room Iida started a conversation with me.

"I hope you used your time well Midoriya, this opportunity is a massive benefit to us first years." Iida advised.

"I know Iida, but I don't think my partner is up to the task, he doesn't have much respect for U.A. Or me..." I responded.

"Really? That is unacceptable for a third year student of U.A high! You should talk to a teacher about seeking a more appropriate partner Midoriya."

"I can't remember? It's in the rules, Mr. Aizawa said we can't change partners. Hey, wait a second... That gives me a great idea!" 

I quickly shoved on my sneakers and adjusted my tie.

"Thanks Iida, You're a genius!"

Iida looked at me puzzled about my sudden epiphany, not understadning what I had thought of.

I quickly exited the changing rooms and left the building. I then ran back to the dorms and burst through the tall glass doors. I readied myself for a relaxing afternoon. I had an idea in mind that would get my learning schedule back on track.