Chapter 6: Unhelpful Training

I waited patiently for her reply, however, she stared in disbelief that I was her partner.

"Are y-you disappointed?" I asked shyly.

"What! No way, it's just that I didn't expect you-to-be-my-partner-and-I-don't-know-what-I'm-going-to-have-to-teach-you-or-if-I-can-even-do-it-well-enough-for-your-standards,-what-even-are-your-standards?..." Hado answered at insanely high speeds. 

I was looking at her wide eyed with a semi-shocked expression on my face. I got a few to no words from that.

"Sorry, I chatter a little too much when I get nervous." she apologized.

"Don't you think it'll be a little weird?" she asked me.

I cocked my eye brow in confusion.

"Why would it be weird? We already know each other so it should be easy to get along." I replied with a small but special smile.

"I don't know what to teach you and I know you have some high learning standards from the information you write in those notebooks."

"I'm sure you'll do a great job, I can tell you what I need help with so there's no need to worry Hado." I assured her calmly.

A loud ringing sound blared through the cafeteria, signaling the end of our break.

"We should head back to class, wouldn't want you to miss out on anything." Hado suggested.

"Sure, I'll see you later okay?" I told her.

"Yep. See you soon Midoriya." she responded.

Next class I had hero training so I would have to be quick in order to get Sora's contact information.

_________

"Welcome to hero training young heroes," All Might exclaimed in his weakened state.

"Today we will have your partnership plans implemented. You will all learn at different rates but you are expected to at least learn one more ultimate move and pick up on a few things from the third years." he explained. 

"Without wasting anymore time, we'll wait for the third years to arrive then, find your partner and begin your training."

A few minutes had gone by and the third years had still yet to arrive. What was taking them so long? I got the answer to that right after.

"Apologies for being late All Might, the class rep was taking forever in the bathroom." A tall, lean looking teenager spoke. 

"No worries young hero. Today you will be teaching the first years as part of your learning assessment. So, with that delay out of the way, let's get started!" All Might encouraged.

I still wasn't used to All Might in his deflated form in front of people other than me. I went around in search of my partner. In the small crowd of people I was unable to find the third year. I pulled out my phone and checked their profile picture again. They looked to have an ear piercing that had a small ring in it.

He had bright blond hair with a shaggy style. One of their eyes was half covered by their hair. I put my phone back in my costume pocket and proceeded to check the crowd again. Everyone had seemingly found their partners already.

A boy that appeared to be a little taller than me stood at the back of the crowd with their shoulders slumped and their hands in their pockets. The boy's hair was blond and shaggy along with a piercing. They matched the picture from his profile so I began to walk up to him. 

I was waltzing towards his direction, about to tap him on the shoulder. He was looking to his left with a carefree feeling to him. I have to use the most of this opportunity so I can become the strongest hero in U.A and in time, hopefully the number one hero.

I was slightly nervous to meet him but shoved any negative thoughts away and tapped him lightly on the shoulder and spoke,

"Hi! My name is Izuku Midoriya, your new partner for the rest of the year."

"Okay, cool." he responded.

He's not much of a talker is he?

"Ok everyone, you should have found your partners by now. Split up around the arena and begin training. If you are still searching for your partner come see me." All Might announced.

"The name's Sora, don't forget it and do not speak unless spoken to. Got it?" Sora instructed.

I nodded with an intimidated look on my face. He began to walk over to an isolated area, away from where any teacher could see us.

"Shouldn't we stay where All Might is?" I asked quietly.

"What did I say about talking?" Sora spat with venom.

"S-Sorry..." I murmured while looking down.

He turned into a small alley in the mock city and sat down against the wall while he pulled out his phone. 

"Do what you want kid, just don't bother me. Oh, and keep it quiet will ya?"

A dumbfounded look took shape on my face. 

"What! You're telling me your not going to train me at all?"

Now I was truly scared, how was I supposed to improve if this guy wouldn't even teach me? 

"You really think I'm going to waste my time teaching a first year? Do yourself a favor and drop out."

This guy didn't want to be a hero at all. He was probably just in it for the money and laid back experience. Uraraka does it for the money but she has a noble purpose, she wants to help people. 

"Could you please teach me something? I need to learn if I want to become a strong hero one day!" 

"Kid, trust me on this one, this 'strong hero' attitude will be gone by second year. All your friends and you will probably die because you're weak anyway." he advised with a sad look on his face.

I pouted in anger. This guy really ticks me off. Why does he think he has the right to call my friends and I weak? 

"If you think I'm not strong enough then why don't you help me?" 

"Again, I'm not helping a pathetic first year who will just forget it anyway."

Forget a single detail in a hero lesson? I have no intention to do that. 

"I have eight notepads that say otherwise. I have learned every detail spoken in my class. If you teach me I could become a great hero one day!" I encouraged.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be the one to make me a great hero but it would certainly help if he taught me a few things. 

"Ha! If that's true then you're just a massive nerd. Go play with some action figures or something." Sora snickered.

I was clearly getting no where with this guy. If I wanted to learn then I would have to learn myself. Maybe I could go around secretly and see what the others are taught. That probably wouldn't work. If Kacchan found out that I was spying on him so I could get ahead then he would definitely kill me.

I left the alley angrily in thought. I would have to compensate for the zero lessons I was going to receive from Sora. I walked lazily back to the main area where most people were training. A lot of explosions and yelling was going on while I was thinking. I wondered my fixed gaze to some of the others that were training.

That's when I got an idea. If I were to come up with an ultimate move I'm sure that would be enough for today alone. Then the next lesson I have I will come up with another way to train, I hope.

I gulped at the thought of falling behind and being left in the dust.