Chapter 10: Midoriya's Friend and a Realisation

I sat bored at the lunch table by myself. I continued to wait for the discheveled, green haired boy while stirring my food with a spoon. Finally, I laid my eyes upon Midoriya heading towards me. My bored expression turned excited as he got closer to me. My heart rate would always stir up whenever I thought about Midoriya, and I couldn't help it either. He just had so many perfect qualities, I get all dreamy just thinking about it. A rosy pink colour began to appear on my face. Why am I thinking about this?

I collected my thoughts as Midoriya arrived at the table.

He bagan to take a seat but suddenly, a brown haired girl appeared from behind him, joining us at our table. She looked much more neat than Midoriya and she had permanently ruby red cheeks. My elated expression turned to a look of confusion as Midoriya started talking,

"Hado, Meet Uraraka. You've met before, but not formally, And I'm to blame for that." He chuckled, nervously scratching the nape of his neck.

"She's one of my closest friends and I thought I'd invite her to lunch with us."

Now everything made sense. 

The girl Midoriya just introduced me to appeared blushing, quite hard as well. A twinge of jealousy shot through my body. I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me. I hated feeling like this, it was self centered and unfair.

"I've heard so much about you, Hado! What's it like being in the top three?" Uraraka asked me enthusiastically. 

"Oh, well it's not as prestigious as it sounds. But I really enjoy being in the top three, although it does take a lot more work than I care to admit." I spoke, looking at Midoriya cheekily.

He got the message as he started to avoid eye contact while forcing a smile sheepishly. I laughed the comment off and Uraraka and I continued with our conversation. We exchanged a few questions and answers every now and then but inevitably the silence set in. The atmosphere became increasingly awkward as the silenced continued on.

"So... I hear you're working with Deku in both parts of the study programme." Uraraka spoke, easing the tension slightly.

"Yea' we are, I'm super excited since Midoriya and I get along so well. I'm defintely not gonna' go easy on him." I joked. 

Midoriya just chuckled, not knowing if I was joking or not, but either way he thought it was funny. 

Uraraka looked a little down at that. Maybe I said something wrong? I didn't really know what to do except sit there waiting for someone else to pick up the conversation. 

"Thanks for inviting me to your table Deku, but I think I'm going to go back to our friends' table. It's been nice meeting you, Hado." Uraraka piped up, leaving swiftly. 

"Huh, how strange..." Midoriya muttered concerned. 

I felt the urge to ask a question, an uncomfortable one for me at that. Unfortunately, I failed to hold back my curiosity and temptation, as I always have.

"Midoriya..." I spoke with a frail voice.

"Yea'?" He responded with a shiny smile.

Gosh, this boy sends me to the moon and back everytime he simply looks at me. I shook my head, leaving my dreamy state. What is happening to me?! I refocused and asked the green haired boy the question I was dreading to ask, without thinking about the consequences.

"Do you... like Uraraka?" I asked, nervously.

I tried my best to hide my sorrowful face but I couldn't resist. It was just such a sensitive thing for me for some reason. I have no clue why I'm feeling this way; unless...

His eyes shot open.

Mine followd suit.

Midoriya sat there wide eyed as his face turned entirely crimson from embarrasment.

My face did the same, the heat from my blush was like an inferno.

The only difference between us... is that he was blushing because of another girl, and me? I was blushing because I realised I was jealous of that girl.

"N-No way! I don't have a c-crush on her, I swear!" Midoriya replied defensively and visibly nervous.

I didn't perk up as I expected I would from his response. I could detect the slightest bit of hesitation in his voice and I just couldn't confirm whether he was being absolutely truthful or not. I mean, who would be completely truthful about something so personal to someone he hasn't even known for that long? After finally realising what I had asked him I began to grow a further shade of pinkish red.

"S-Sorry! I know that was really personal, I apologise for asking!" I said eratically, waving my hands in front of me.

We both kind of awkwardly sat there while trying to figure out what to say or do next. 

It didn't take long until Midoriya spoke,

"Hado... why is it that you wanted to know?" 

His face turned more serious and a lesser shade of pink. How was he so calm all of a sudden?!

"Oh uh, it seemed like you guys get along super well?" I asked more than I responded.

Midoriya stared at me intensely, growing more skeptical of my reply by the second. This is what I get for not keeping my mouth shut. 

"Thanks, I guess? Anways, I'm excited to learn everything I can from you after lunch in our training session!" Midoriya exclaimed.

I sighed in relief because he fortunately decided to drop it. That was too close. 

"Y-Yea, I'm happy to teach you everything I know it combat." I stuttered, still calming down from the intense conversation.

To be honest, I was being dissimulated when I spoke. Sure, I love teaching Midoriya new stuff but, the real reason was because I wanted to spend more time with him. 

This realisation only confirmed my suspicion. I wanted to spend more time with the hero 'Deku' because I had a huge crush on him. How could I have possibly caught feelings for a messy haired first year named, Izuku Midoriya. As Midoriya continued to talk passionately about the study and combat programme I just gazed into the vast, green ocean that were his eyes, thinking about our future together and how it would probably never happen. 

A third year with a first year? That would never happen. What chance did I stand with this perfect boy in the first year of U.A high?

I'm so screwed.