Chapter 5: Partnership Program

"You're all going to complete a third year partnership course that will account for half of your grade for your final exams that are coming up soon." Mr. Aizawa spoke.

"Aww man! More work, I'm totally going to fail this." Kaminari groaned, slumping down into his seat.

"There are two choices for this partnership. You can do studies with a third year that will be randomly assigned to you, or you can complete a physical partnership. For those of you who want to be ambitious, you can earn extra credit by doing both of these tasks. It will be significantly more difficult but will prove worth it." he added with his monotonal voice.

This task is great for helping me improve! I'll be able to learn so much from the third years, plus I can take notes for later on. I'm definitely doing both choices so I can learn more and increase my skill level at the same time.

"I have a form with a list of all your names and two boxes. Tick one or both depending on what you want to do. Form a single file line in front of my desk and fill out the sheet." Mr. Aizawa finished.

Everybody in the classroom stood up and lined up in front of Mr. Aizawa's desk, readying a pen in their hands. I was near the front of the line, holding my shiny green pen. A few seconds later and a few people ticking boxes I got my turn. I scanned for my name on the sheet and flicked two ticks in both boxes. 

I took a swift glance at the rest of the page and noticed Iida had also taken on the additional tasks. I could already imagine his lecture about becoming a future hero and being equipped to takedown even the strongest villains. I admired his thinking but he goes over the top sometimes.

I turned around and headed back to my seat to wait. 

"Alright, now that everyone has finished, we can move onto the assigning of your partners. You will not be able to change partners and you most likely won't know them as the third year part of the campus is on the other side of the building." Mr. Aizawa spoke with a hint of care.

Even if I don't know them I can probably become close friends with them. 

"I will now read out who you will be put with for the rest of the term." he started.

I visibly shifted in my seat out of nervousness. I phased out the sound of Mr. Aizawa's voice while he read out the other names. Only mere murmurs slipped into my ears every now and then. I refocused and paid attention to what he was saying.

"Izuku Midoriya, you're with Nejire Hado, one of the 'Big Three' I recommend you take advantage of this opportunity. Since you picked both options you'll be assigned another partner, his name is Sora Aibek." he advised.

I got a little flustered from his comment and my back shot up from the slight slouch I was sitting in.

"Y-Yes sir!" I replied louder than I was supposed to.

He moved onto the next person and I relaxed from my tense upright position. I then realized who Nejire Hado was. I was going to be tutored by Hado, what I didn't know was that she was one of the big three! I have so many questions to ask her. I'll have to question her sometime about it.

"Your all dismissed, when you return to classes make sure to grab your tutors contact information. It will be on the wall outside the classroom, I'm taking it down after your next class so DON'T forget." Mr. Aizawa instructed.

I packed up my notebooks and pens and shoved them neatly into my back. Iida and Uraraka stood in front of me, waiting for me to finish packing up. I was usually the last to leave class as I had the most stuff to pack up, but I couldn't miss out on a single bit of information, I needed to know as much as I could if I wanted to become a top world class hero.

"You ready to go Deku!" Uraraka beamed with her usual big smile that could never get old. 

"Yep, let's head to the cafeteria." I answered back enthusiastically. 

We exited the classroom and were chatting in the hallway. Shoot. I just remembered that I was going to join Hado for lunch instead. That meant I'd have to ditch my friends again. I should've thought about this earlier. The good news was that I didn't have to grab Hado's contact information after break since I already have it. 

"U-Um guys. I'm really sorry but I promised I would join someone else for lunch today." I sheepishly admitted.

Iida was unfazed as I expected but Uraraka looked quite disappointed. We opened the doors to the cafeteria and we stood in line for lunch rush's tasty food.

"Oh, who are you going to sit with Deku?" Uraraka asked with a hint of hatred.

I had a bad feeling about answering her question but decided to anyway.

"Hado. Nejire Hado.".

A look of disgust formed on her face but she looked away quickly to try and hide it. I heard a slight pout come from her. Had they met before? Probably not. I assured myself. 

"Wow, that's interesting, how come she wants you to sit with her? She is one of the top students in the school, whatever she wants with you must be important." Iida spoke.

"We met a few days ago and have been talking since." I shared.

The memory was sorrowful at the time but, it makes me smile when I think about it.

Our turn in line had come and we ordered our usual dishes. I always had katsudon, it wasn't as flavorful as my mom's but it was still better than getting something else.

"I'll see you guys after class." I exclaimed to them before going a separate way to them.

I looked around for a few moments, seeing if I could spot where she was sitting, assuming she had already come in. 

Hmm. Maybe she doesn't sit in the cafeteria? I was walking towards the door when she opened it, almost hitting me in the face.

"Oh hey Midoriya! You can find somewhere to sit, I'll join you in a sec, kay?" Hado asked gently.

"S-Sure Hado." I stammered out of habit.

I turned around to look for a seat when I saw the size of the room. There were so many seats to pick. The question was which one was the one she wanted to sit in. I scanned the room several times, looking for someplace that was best for us to sit. Why was picking a spot to sit so hard!? 

"Wow, you sure take a long time to pick a seat." Hado giggled, standing next to me.

"C'mon, let's sit over here." she said, pointing to a window.

We sat down and spoke about anything we could think of. That's when I brought up the topic of our partnership program.

"So apparently I was assigned to you for my partnership program." I muttered out, looking up from my food.

I assumed she didn't know because her facial expression was all over the place.