Chapter 13: The Coffee Shop

I got to the coffee shop early in suspense of Hado's arrival. I checked my phone once more for the time.

6:28pm.

I was sitting slightly slouched forward onto the table, anxious for Hado to enter the doors. When I took my attention off the door for a singular moment, the bell rang; indicating someone had entered the shop. Once I saw their beautifully coloured hair, I knew it was Nejire Hado. Her periwinkle hair was so mesmerising, I couldn't forget even if I attempted to.

Her eyes scanned the room, searching for me. As I waited patiently for her to spot me I peered at her outfit. She was wearing a blue shirt with a jumper that had an assortment of colours on top of it. Along with a cute skirt that shot my heart rate through the roof. I was wearing a blue jumper, white shirt, and black shorts that seemed to work together well. I wasn't all that good with fashion but I had an elementary knowledge about it.

"Hado, over here." I called to her.

After that she immediately found me and started to walk over hastily, smiling at me on the way. 

"Hey, hey, Midoriya." She bubbled.

"I know we just saw each other at school but... It feels like I haven't seen you in weeks." I chuckled, nervously.

Our conversation just kept flowing smoothly with questions being asked between us. It was going great and the almost kiss from earlier didn't seem to bother her much, at least from what I could tell. 

"So I'm guessing you're going back to Ryuku's agency?"

"Yea', I've been interning with her since the very start and she says I already have a guarenteed spot at her agency when I finish at U.A." 

"That's great! I'm happy for you, Hado" I spoke, smiling at her.

The conversation froze as we couldn't think of anything to say. Nothing was coming to mind! Why was this happening now?

She looked nervous and wasn't facing me directly.

"Midoriya, have you thought about what almost happened earlier, y'know, after training?" 

Oh no. I really wanted to avoid this...

"A little, I tried not to focus on it to be completely honest."

Hado appeared slightly uncomfortable. Was it because of me? 

"What if... It had happened?"

"Oh u-uh, I'm not totally sure, it might've been awkward after?" I said, fumbling my words.

She was visibly more nervous now. A light pink shade appeared on her cheeks.

"D-did you want to... maybe... try it again?" She asked, avoiding eye contact.

My face was forced crimson and I couldn't allign my thoughts.

"Woah, Midoriya, are you okay?" Hado asked, concerned for my well being.

"J-just fine." I respond, calming down a little bit.

"To answer you question... I wouldn't mind giving it another go..." I said sheepishly, touching the tips of my fingers while avoiding her saphire eyes.

I shifted my gaze back to Hado to discover she was making eye contact with me. I couldn't bring myself to move my eyes away from her astonishingly beautiful face. The atmosphere changed as suddenly all the background chatter faded away and we were the only two left. Our bodies gravitated towards each other, moving slowly ove the table until the couldn't anymore. Her eyes closed and I followed soon after. 

Our faces were so close that I could feel the heat emanating off of her. Our lips were mere moments from touching.

"Good evening, have you picked what you would like to order?" Asked the waiter.