🌹Chapter 3.🌹

Chapter's Song:~See Finish by Qing Madi.

OLAIDE

I guess Mr Bello noticed my foul mood because he barely said a word to me. I appreciated it because it'd have been so rude of me to snap at him. I began to think of the circumstances that led to me being friends with Oyinda.

Flashback

I just got admitted to Pacesetters College for my Senior Class. Mr Bello dropped me off at school because my dad was out of the country and my mum was too busy as usual to come with me. My first day was already getting off to a bad start.
I bumped into a girl. "Hey,can't you see?"
"I'm so sorry." I helped her to pick her books .
"It's fine. You seem kinda lost. Do you need help?"
I sighed heavily ." Yes please. I need to get to the admin's office to get my required materials"
"Okay,I'll lead you there. Follow me."
She led me to the admin's office,waited till I completed my registration and we both left the office together.
"Hey,thank you so much. You really helped me".
"No problem,it was my pleasure."
I threw the girl my biggest smile and asked:"What's your name?"
She replied:"Oreoluwa Jubril"
"Nice to meet you,Ore."
"Same here. What's your name?"
"Olaide Owolabi".
"Cool.
"Do you know where SS1 science is?"
"Sure. That's my class".
She led me to the class and introduced me to her two other friends. Yeah you guessed right....Oyinda and Maryam.
It didn't take me long to realize that Oyinda was actually a spoilt,arrogant and bossy girl but I had to deal with it because she's Ore's friend. Also,they were the only friends I had in the class. So,I just continued to tag along. It was bearable in Ss1 because I didn't know what I wanted for myself but then it has become worse now that we're in SS2.

I noticed that we were already home. I thanked Mr Bello,picked my things and went into the house. I realized that it's been three weeks since my dad travelled. He's barely ever around. He always tries to make up for the lost time when he's around but that doesn't change the fact that he's not always around.

My mum on the other hand,is always at work. At least,she should be around during weekends right? But no,she prefers to party around. She knows all the fancy hotels and restaurants in Abuja. I'm not against her being all social but she should at least make time for me.

I took my shower,had lunch and took a nap. My nap turned into a three hour sleep. I woke up by 7pm. I picked up my phone and switched on my data. I saw that I had over 100 notifications. Perks that come with being a social media freak.

As much as I hate to admit,I'm a really active person on Instagram, Tiktok and Snapchat. I also noticed I had over 1000 messages on WhatsApp courtesy our class group. I tried muting it but a message caught my attention.

Oyinda was busy announcing her birthday party date on the group. I just rolled my her eyes at her ridiculous attempt to gain attention. I replied to the important messages and ignored the irrelevant ones.

I went to the group Oyinda created for our friendship circle. She was busy blabbing about her 16th birthday party which was to take place in two weeks. I just observed without saying anything because I knew she'd never acknowledge my idea no matter how amazing or great it is. I suddenly saw a message that I was tagged in on the group.

"@Olaide,hope you're planning on getting me a gift"
I replied:"Yeah,sure"
"Okay,I saw a pair of Sneakers and a cute bag on Jumia. That's what I want."
When I saw the message,I asked myself:"Is she the one to decide what I'll get for her?"
I just typed:" Okay"
"Yeah,I'll send you the pictures"
That was where my own contribution to the entire discussion ended.

I just sighed and dropped my phone. I decided to watch TV for a while. I switched on the Tv in my room and connected to Netflix. I decided to watch one of the top rated Netflix shows. I checked the wall clock in my room and saw the time was already past 8. My mum was still not home. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a pack of cookies and yoghurt.

It seems like that's what I'd be eating tonight. I ate,prayed and continued watching the movie. I heard my mum's car horn at exactly 9pm. When I heard her opening the front door,I pretended to be asleep. I don't want any confrontation with her. I heard her calling my name but I gave no response.

I noticed when she came to my room and gave me a kiss on my forehead. I wish I could just hug her and tell her how my day went. But no, not tonight. I'm still angry.

THE NEXT MORNING.

It's another day to go to school and witness another drama. Arrrgghhhhh!I'm getting tired of going to school. Whoever invented school,homework and even exams must have had a very unfortunate childhood for him/her/ them to have thought of bringing such things to existence.

I did my usual morning routine and got into the car. I cheerfully greeted Mr Bello and he did the same. We got to school later than usual due to the traffic. I just took out my IPhone 12 pro max and listened to the various songs on my different playlists. I have about 10. A playlist per mood.

As I got to school,I got down from the car,kept my phone inside my bag and took a deep breath. Let's hope today goes well. I made a mental note not to take whatever Oyinda says to heart again. She can't keep having an effect on me. My mental health is very important. One idiot can't continue to mess with my head.

As I entered the class,I noticed the girls(her "friends") were together. Oyinda was probably talking their ears off about her birthday party again. I just casually said hi to them and joined them where they were sitting.

Oyinda: "Why did you come late to school? Didn't you see the last message I sent?"
Olaide: "Which last message?"
Oyinda: "About being in school as early as 7am today"
Olaide: "Why do we have to get to school by 7am? Last I checked,school activities start by 8 and I always get to school by 7:30am. The fact that I'm 15 minutes late than usual today doesn't make me late according to the school's rules."
Maryam: "Ha ha. Oyinda is talking. You're saying your own. Can't you see you're being disrespectful?"
Oyinda: " Leave her. It's not her fault. Shebi it's because they've proposed to her."

Other members of the class heard and laughed.
One short boy said"Daniel's wife"
I glared at him and thought to myself"I didn't even know his name is Daniel"
I gritted my teeth in anger but I kept silent.
Ore interfered at that moment and said"You guys should stop making fun of her and Oyinda,you shouldn't have brought it up."
Oyinda replied" I wouldn't have if she stayed in her place."
I wanted to reply but the bell went off.
It's assembly time.

We all went for the assembly but Oyinda's words kept ringing in my ears. " What's my place?" I asked myself continuously.

Word Count:1317 words.

Author's Note:
I'd love to make the book as interactive as possible. As I mentioned earlier,questions,suggestions and criticisms will be accepted☺. Pls remember to vote,comment and share. I'd really appreciate it.

©️All rights reserved.