🌹Chapter 20.🌹

DEMILADE.

We kept chatting till it was midnight. It was soul lifting and it helped me take my mind off what happened earlier this night. We shared our likes and dislikes. We shared opinions, we argued a bit and it was really nice. She made me want to open up to her more than necessary and I did not mind at all.

I saw her goodnight message and replied. I switched off the lights and went to bed. Tomorrow is another day.

I woke up early the next morning because it is Sunday. My brother and I always go to church. My mum does not because she's a Muslim but sometimes,she drives us there and waits till we are done with church service. She's absolutely the best mum in the world.

I dressed up in my trousers, shirt and tie, applied my perfume,wore my wristwatch and shoes. I picked up my phone,earpods and Bible. I was good to go. I met my mum and brother on the staircase. Neither of them looked like anything happened to them yesterday which was the most amazing part of the three of us. We never look like what is happening to us.

"Good morning mum. Good morning Brother Ayo." I said and kissed my mum's cheeks.
"Good morning my son."
"Good morning Demi. Did you sleep well?"
"Yes I did. What about you?"
"I did too. Have you eaten yet?"
"No. Mum, how're you?" I said facing my mum.
"I'm okay dear. Are you okay?"
"Yes mum. I'm okay."
"Oya come and have your breakfast. Your brother has eaten." She said dragging me to the dining room.

It was a simple breakfast of French toasts, eggs and tea. Breakfast on Sunday is normally simple while Lunch is always extra. It's Sunday after all. As I was eating breakfast,I heard my dad's footsteps or should I say I heard Mr Makanjuola's footsteps.

He came into the dining room and said:
"Good morning family." Nobody replied him. I felt embarrassed on his behalf. He said it again but this time,my mum just hissed out loud and said:
"Demi, finish what you're eating fast ooo."
"Okay ma." I mumbled.
"Demi, I'm waiting for you outside. Ko da mi loun kiakia(Answer me fast.)" It was my brother. He walked away without saying anything to my dad.

My dad tried to reach out for the plate containing the remaining French toast but my mum smacked his hand so fast.
"If you're hungry,go to the kitchen and cook yourself. Better still, go to your concubines outside. There is no food for you in this house." She said with an attitude.
I was shocked. Infact, shocked is an understatement. My mum barely stood up to my daddy. That man deserved whatever he was getting in folds sef.

I finished eating and walked away without saying anything either. Even if I wanted to,my mum's glare would have stopped me. My mummy is nice and cute but her anger is definitely not one to be messed with. She becomes a lioness when she is angry and frustrated which explains her behavior towards my dad. Hopefully,he realizes his mistake and tries to rectify it before it becomes too late for him.

OLAIDE.

I woke up a bit late today. Well, it's Sunday. Before you ask,yes I do not go to church. I only go for selected church programs and I'm fine with it.  Nobody ever complains so I don't have a problem. I did my normal morning routine and walked towards my parents' room.

On my way to their room, I started hearing loud voices. They were arguing. Again. Ever since my dad got back from his trip, he and mum have always been arguing. I know it is not my dad's fault because he is too calm to start an argument. It is always my mum's fault. It is like she wants him to stay away from the house and only drop by once in a while.

They never argued like this in the past but since dad announced that he is not going back abroad anytime soon, mum has not been herself. Is she not supposed to be happy that after a long time,dad has decided to stay with us? Something is definitely wrong.

"Good morning Dad. Good morning mum." I said as I entered the room. They went silent immediately.
"Good morning dear." My mum said.
"Good morning my princess. Did you sleep well?" My dad said.
"Yes I did. Did you?"
"Yes I did,my dear." He said and patted my head.

My dad meant everything to me. He was not always around but when he is around,he makes me feel his presence everytime. Although my mum and I have reconciled,things did not really feel the same again because she was acting really strange these days. I thought of telling them about the person I saw yesterday night but I decided against it. Maybe it's in my imagination after all.

I had breakfast with my parents and we discussed a bit.
"The contest is next months right?" My dad asked.
"Yes it is."
"Are you preparing for it?"
"Yes I am. I'm a bit nervous but I think I'll be fine."
"You'll do well okay? Besides, what do you need?"
"Quite a lot to be honest."
"Write you Mr list and give it to me. I'll make sure you get everything you want."
"Thank you daddy." I said and hugged him tightly.
"Anything for you my princess."

I need to write a long list because I need quite a lot of things to buy. I would ask the girls to help me with it.  I really wanted to win this because it would be a dream come true for me. Throughout this discussion,mum did not even say a word. Did she not care at all? I have a bad feeling about all of these but what do I know?

"Dad, you're going to be here till the end of the year right?" I wanted some sort of confirmation from him.
"Yes darling." He said. He wanted to say something else before mum cut him off.
"Don't you have work to do?" She said with a hint of anger in her voice. It was not noticeable but I noticed it.
"I have a lot of work to do....here in Abuja. So I'm not leaving Abuja till the end of the year."
"Okay daddy." I said quickly to ease the tension in the air. 

I packed the plates and walked to the kitchen. Mum was acting suspicious but why? I'm really confused but what do I know? It probably has nothing to do with me....or so I thought.  Whatever it is, they'll sort it out themselves jhare.

Word Count: 1141 words.

Author's Note: Chapter 20 is hereeeee. I'm freaking excited!!

So what's Olaide's mum hiding? I have a lot of guesses but I guess we'll never find out till we read the coming chapters right? Don't forget to vote, tell me how you're enjoying the book. Let's get littttt🌹♥️. See ya on the 31st of December 🥺♥️✌🏾.