🌹 Chapter 18.🌹

DEMILADE

I walked up the stairs with anger and as I entered my room, I slammed the door and locked it. I definitely did not need anybody's disturbance this night. I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was some minutes past 8pm. I took of my clothes and went to the bathroom.

I don't know how long I stayed in the bathroom but when I came out,I felt better and refreshed. I dried my body and wore my pyjamas. I also used a bandaid for my lips. I was a bit hungry so I ate cookies and drank an energy drink. I was thinking of going online for a while. I was still contemplating on what next to do,I heard a soft knock on my door. I knew it was definitely my mum.

"Mum, I'm okay. I don't want anything." I said before she even asked.
"Sweetheart,just open the door. I want to see you and be sure you're fine." She said tearfully.
I could not bear to hear her sound so sad so I opened the door for her.  She came in and hugged me tight.
"I'm s-s-sorrryyyy." She said sniffling.
"It's okay mum. Stop crying. You're going to get sick."

"Mum it's okay." It was my brother. I looked at him and saw that he was cleaned up already. He almost looked like nothing happened to him but the bruises on his face and his bursted lips gave him away.
"Brother Ayomikun...I'm sorry for what happened."
"You should be. Do you know you could have been hurt?" He said angrily.
"I was just trying to protect you."
"I'm the big brother here. Let me do the protecting from now on. Okay?"
"Okay." I agreed. There was no point in arguing with him when he has that firm look on his face.
"Good." He said and hugged me. We were in that position when we heard our mum say:

"I've made a decision."
We looked at her with confused faces.
"What decision mum?" My brother and I asked.
"You'll find out soon." She said.
Before we could say anything else,she walked away. My brother and I were looking at ourselves.
"What do you think she wants to do?" I asked my brother.
"How would I know ? "

We listened around to hear noises or maybe a conversation between them but we heard nothing. "Ahhhh wahala." I muttered. My brother just patted my back and left me standing in the room alone. Thousands of thoughts ran through my head. I didn't understand what was going on. Was mum going to kill herself?" God forbid." I quickly said. Why did I think of suicide??

OLAIDE.

I saw the group Adebola created. She named it "Soul Sisters x FCT Ballers. It sounded funny but it was kinda jiggy. As I was busy musing about the name,I received a notification and it was from the group. The first message on the group. Why was I kinda anticipating that it would be his? I checked but it was not Demilade's.

Ifeanyi: What kind of name is this now?😒

Adebola: What does it look like?🙂

Samuel : Are we going to start fighting here?

Temilade: Pls take your prefect duties somewhere else ooo 🙄.

Samuel : You better don't lemme talk🌚🌚 .

Temilade: What do you want to say??😤😤

Samuel : I'll save it. That's the only leverage I have against you😝😝.

Temilade: Don't you dareeee👿

Samuel : Try me😌🤝🏾

Ifeanyi: Gist us na🤲🏾.

Adebola: Learn to mind your business😑.

Ifeanyi: Do you realize you're talking to your senior??😠

Adebola: Mo gbagbe ni🥱

Zara: Hiiiiiii🙃💜

Ifeanyi: Babeeee😚😚

Muhammad : 🤨🤨

Ifeanyi:The babe is hot na🙈.

Samuel : Stop embarrassing yourself guyyyy😹.

Adebola: Louder plsss 😂

Temilade: So what are we going to be saying now?? @Zara where's the fine babe?

Zara: Ohh Olaide. I've called her. She will soon be here.

That was my cue to join the conversation. I did not know what to say or how to even contribute. This was no thanks to that bitch Oyinda . I have never really felt like a part of any discussion they had. I always felt left out. Now, it felt really nice to see that people actually wanted me to be part of a conversation. I'm overwhelmed.

Me: 👋🏾👋🏾

I groaned mentally after seeing the emoji I sent. "Jesus Christ!!" I wanted to just die of shame. "Couldn't you have said Hi like a normal human being,Olaide? They probably think you're crazy now." It was one od those mental conversations I always have with myself.

Ifeanyi: The model girlll 😍😍

Adebola:🤡🤡 @Olaide how are you??

Me: I'm okay you??

Adebola: I'm fine.

Muhammad : So I have something to say.

Zara: Go onn.....

IfeanyiGuyyyy waitt... where's Demilade??

Temilade: Are you asking us?? Aren't you guys his friends?🙄

Samuel : @Temilade keep quiet😒.

Ifeanyi: 😂😂😂😂

They continued exchanging words but thank God someone asked what was on my mind. I wanted to talk to Demilade. I saw his number on the group because his number was the only number I had not saved yet. I was so nervous about chatting him up first. I wanted to thank him for the bracelet.

"Are you sure it's only about the bracelet?" My subconscious mind asked.
"Obviously." I said to myself.
"Why do you sound like you're trying so hard to convince yourself?"
"Why would I need to convince myself?"
"Maybeeee you like him already."
"I don't hate him soooooo.."
"Not that kind of like. You know what I'm talking about."
"I don't."
"Keep deceiving yourself. You'll realize it very soon."

I snapped out of my thoughts. I always felt crazy because I talk to myself a lot. I have no choice because it is the only way I can stop myself from making stupid decisions. It is like I have two minds; one good,the other bad. Both minds are always at war but it helps me make good choices at the end.

I decided to text him.  I was thinking of what to type so I just went with:

Me: Hi. It's me Olaide. The girl you gave the bracelet at the mall. I just wanted to say I wasn't expecting it and I really appreciate it because I always wanted something like that. It felt so special because it is the first time a guy is giving me something so precious. Thank you so much💞.

I had already clicked the send button before I realized what I had just said. I literally sounded like an idiot in that message. I'm sure he's going to think of me like some desperate fool. "Let me delete it oo." I said to myself. As I checked my phone, I saw the two blue ticks which meant......He already read the message.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh." I screamed from embarrassment. I was literally cringing. I just threw my phone on the bed and ran to to the toilet. I looked at the mirror and said: "Olaide, what have you done?? God why me?" At this point, I just wanted to hide in a hole and probably never come out. It might seem like I'm exaggerating but this is how I feel right now.

Word Count: 1230 words.

Author's Note: Heyyyyyy thereeee. Chapter 18 is out nowwww. Sorry for the late update. I have been a bit busy. So what did we think of the last chapter? Kindly share your opinion and don't forget to vote. It means a lot. Enjoyyyyy. Kindly suggest a song for this chapter.