🌹Chapter 9.🌹

Chapter's Song: King by Fireboy DML

DEMILADE.

As I entered the hall,I could feel all eyes on me. Even the teachers were looking at me. I never attend any school activity except I'm bored and most times, I end up causing chaos. I chuckled a bit as the school's Vice Principal walked towards me.

"Demilade Makanjuola." She called out my full name.
"Mrs Adeyanju." I replied.
"Don't disrupt this audition. I'm begging you."
"Well,this is a first. You never beg me. You just threaten me." I replied with a chuckle.
"Makanjuola." She said with a stern voice.

"Okay okay. I surrender. I'm simply considering because you're one of my favorite people in the entire world" I raised my hands up and smiled at her.
"Better." She said with a smile before walking away.
"You look pretty today ma."
"Makanjuola!" She said with warning in her voice.

I laughed at her attempt to look strict when she was actually trying to hide her smile.

Mrs Adeyanju was my school mother when I was in SS1 and SS2. She's in her late forties but looks so young.  She still looks after me even though I always try to stop her. She's the one person who gets me and I like her a lot although I'd never say that to her face. Her kids were abroad so she stayed alone with her husband.

On the days I left home in a fit of rage, she'd always accommodate me. She stopped showing me too much affection in school because rumors were going around that she was always being partial to me which was not true. She scolds me than she scolds other students. It's not like I cared about what others thought but I needed to avoid getting Mrs Adeyanju involved in any scandal.

My name is Demilade Makanjuola,the most feared boy in Pacesetters High. Wonder why people are scared of me?
Well it started when I was in SS1 and a teacher beat me. I was so angry because I was already in a foul mood from home. I fought back and the teacher fainted. No one has ever done that because the man was the strictest teacher in the entire school. He was a burly man with an unsmiling face. I got suspended for two weeks.

When I came back to school from my suspension, everybody was looking at me with fear in their eyes. After a while, girls began to flock around me. I was even voted the most good looking boy in the entire school. No surprise there because I'm actually good looking.

I got my good looks from my mum. She's really pretty. I love her so much. She's from the Shuwa Arab tribe and my dad is Yoruba.

My parents are rich. My dad is a politician and holds shares in Pacesetters High which is one of the reasons why I haven't been expelled yet. My mum is from a royal family. She was however disowned by her family because she got married to someone outside her tribe. She didn't care because she already had more than enough money to set herself up without her family's help.

For this reason, I know no one from my mum's family except for her younger brother who visits her once a year.

My family is really complicated because recently,my mum discovered my dad has kids outside their marriage.My brother and I hate our dad with so much passion. We never liked him but things got worse recently.

We have no choice but to stay with him because my mum claims that she still loves him. Seeing my mum break down in tears anytime he says something that hurts her breaks my heart so much. I wish there was a way I could help her. However,my dad is really abusive. He would beat my brother and I to stupor especially when he was drunk.

This and many more were the reasons why I was so wicked in school. In short,I bully others to let out my frustration. One thing I never do is to bully girls because it reminds me of what my father does to my mum and I definitely do not want to be like my father.

However,I break their hearts. I'm not capable of loving but they always fall in love with me. I just want to flirt and have fun but they want commitment which I'm not ready to give. Girls and their soft hearts.

I walked into the hall and saw this pretty girl sitting alone and going through some pamphlets. She's probably contesting. She raised up her head and I recognized her as Olaide. I instantly drift into the past.

A year ago

I was in the secretary's office when I saw a girl looking so lost. She came in and I instantly understood that she was a new student. I was attracted to her because of the way she talked and her voice was like music to my ears. She was definitely tired but she still looked so cute. I smiled to myself.
"Makanjuola Demilade" I groaned mentally as I heard the principal call my name.
I entered the office and I got an earful from the principal. I was given a working suspension which wasn't a surprise at all.
"Makanjuola" He called.
"Sir?" I replied.
"Behave yourself."
It sounded like he was pleading. I just smiled and said: "I'll try."

My friends and classmates called me M.D and everyone else called me Demilade or Demi. When I got outside, I saw that the pretty girl had left. I never saw her again until after a month or so. I eventually found out she was in SS1 and her name was Olaide. She was so timid and gentle. I realized I didn't need to drag her into my messy life. I stayed away from her throughout her SS1 days but It send like I can't do it anymore.

Present Day.

"Best of luck" I said.
She looked up to me and I saw her pretty face looking at me with fear and shock written all over it. She couldn't even reply properly so I said it again.

" I said best of luck. I don't bite you know?" I said smirking at her.
"Th-Thank you sir" She replied.
"Sir?"

Before she could reply, an announcement was made. She walked away quickly. My heart ached because I wanted to talk to her for a while but I smiled because I knew she never expected me to talk to her. I never expected to talk to her either.

My friends walked up to me. My guys for life were Samuel, Muhammad and Ifeanyi. They were my gees for life. Apart from the fact that we were all sons of politicians,we also had similar views.

Muhammad is a Northerner and his dad is a very influential politician in Abuja.
Samuel's dad is a senator and he's also the minority leader of the National Assembly.
Ifeanyi's dad is also a popular Igbo politician and business man in Abuja.

So we were known in school as the ballers of FCT. We rode the latest cars,wore the latest wristwatches and all but we were also very notorious.

The only person who is quite different is Muhammad. He's nice and he's even the head boy. The funny thing is all of us were prefects and we were also part of the top 10 students in our class which was probably another reason why we haven't been expelled yet.

We found ourselves a place to sit and we were watching the contest go on. Were all auditions like this? I couldn't take my eyes off Olaide at all. I saw she was really nervous and I was low-key praying and rooting for her to win. When she scaled through the first two rounds,I was so happy.
"That's my girl." I said silently.

Author's Note.
Hey guys. It's another chapter.  I promised back to back chapter updates and here it is🤭. Please don't forget to vote and comment. It'll really mean a lot to me.

This book is still ongoing so there might be mistakes. I try my very best to edit them properly before posting but no man is perfect. Constructive criticisms are welcome. Byeeee.

©️All rights reserved.