🌹Chapter 11.🌹

This Chapter deserves a song that you as a reader want. A song that can make you relate to what Olaide felt in this chapter.

OLAIDE.

"..And the first position goes to....." Miss Rachel said with suspense.

I held my breath and I looked around the hall. Some people looked nervous,some looked excited while others seemed indifferent. I was sure of one thing though, everyone wanted to know the winner.

"The winner of this audition is......Olaide Owolabi. A standing ovation for her please."

I didn't hear anything else. I qualified. I won. I did it. Yesssss!!!

As I went up the stage,I could feel stares on me. I could not care less right now. As I faced the audience, I saw Zara,Temilade and Adebola clapping with a huge smile on their faces. These were people I just started talking to an hour ago. I smiled back with tears in my eyes.

I also saw Senior Demilade looking at me with mixed feelings. He looked like he wanted to clap for me but he could not. He still has a bad boy reputation to maintain. I gave him a small smile and he just smiled for a moment, I thought I imagined it.

"Well done darling." Miss Rachel said and hugged me.
"Thank you ma." I said with a sniffle.

 I took my place beside Oyinda and Sharon. Sharon congratulated me with a huge smile and hug but Oyinda looked away.

We were given some gifts and a book that contained the briefing about what the main competition would entail. The competition was a month away.

"You guys have qualified for the state level. Now you guys will be competing against each other. Maintain the spirit of good sportsmanship.You are battling for the crown of Miss Teen Abuja. Prepare well. I wish you all the best." Miss Rachel said with a note of conclusion in her voice.

We all nodded and said "Thank you ma."

"Thank you all for giving us your time. We really appreciate it. Enjoy the rest of your day. See you guys at the top." She ended her speech and blew a kiss.

The rest of the supervisors also said some things. The Principal did the closing prayer and the audition came to an end. The teachers congratulated us. The Principal asked us to see him later.

When I got out of the hall,Zara,Temilade and Adebola walked up to me and hugged me.
"Congratulations." They said.
"Thank youuuuu." I said with a smile.

"Olaide." I heard someone call out. I looked around and saw that it was Mrs Aare.
" I'll see you guys later." I waved at the girls.
"Sure. See ya." They replied.

I ran up to Mrs Aare and hugged her.
"I did it." I said while sobbing.
"Yes you did." She said and patted my back.
"Time for you to prepare for the next level. I'll be here for you every step of the way,okay?"
"Okay ma. Thank you ma."
"It's my pleasure.
____________________________________

DEMILADE.

"The winner of this audition is......Olaide Owolabi. A standing ovation for her please." I heard the woman say.

My heart fluttered with happiness. I was tempted to go on stage and hug her but I held myself back. As she walked up on stage,I saw tears brimming in her eyes. Awwwwnn she's such a softie.

She smiled at some girls I assume were her new friends. She looked at me and gave me a shy smile. I smiled back but I quickly masked it. I saw confusion in her eyes. She was probably thinking "Did he just smile at me?"

All the students left the hall while the senior boys were asked to stay behind to re arrange the chairs and clear up the hall. This didn't go down well with most of us but we had no choice.

"Hi." I heard someone say.
I rolled my eyes as I turned to look at who just decided to irritate me. It was definitely a girl. As I turned to look at who it was, I came face to face with Amarachi.

The one girl who does not understand what a fling is. She keeps pestering me and talking all sorts of shit about love. It's not like we had sex or anything. We just kissed and made out at a party. Ever since,she has been seeing herself my girlfriend.

"Hi Amarachi." I said with a tight smile.
"Wanna hang out this evening?" She said with a smile. Her attempt at flirting didn't go unnoticed by me. I was quite sure everyone saw it too.
"Errr......" I scratched the back of my neck. It was a bad habit of mine.
"Soooo...." She said questioningly.
"I'm busy this evening."
"Ohhhh.... tomorrow then?"
"Nope." I said dismissively and walked away.

I didn't miss the look of disappointment on her face. I wonder if she could not read between the lines or maybe she was just pretending. I went to join my friends where they were standing.

"See as you shenk that babe." Ifeanyi said with a tone of laughter.
"Guyyyy leave me abegg." I said.
"Just tell her you don't like her." Samuel said.
"I have. She doesn't want to budge."
"Liar." Ifeanyi chipped in and smacked the back of my head.
"Guyyyy wetin dey sup?"

He ran away as I stood up. I began to chase him around. Muhammad and Samuel were laughing at our childish behavior. Ifeanyi and I were the most playful of the group. Muhammad was definitely the most mature of us all. He was nice too but he could be really strict at times. Samuel on the other hand,was a really cool guy.

That was how we showed love. We are normally playful when we're alone but when we are in public, everyone sees us as wicked. We did not really give a damn though.

"Demilade! Ifeanyi!!" We heard the Principal call out our names.
" Sir!!" We answered simultaneously.
"Can you stop playing and do what I asked you to do?" He said with a frown on his face.
"Yes sir!!" We said and gave a mock salute.
He just glared at us and left. We were playful like that sometimes. Life just gets fucked up sometimes.

Word Count: 1026 words.

Author's Note : Chapter 11 is out now!! Tag your friends to read the book. Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Have a nice day.

©️All rights reserved.