🌹Chapter 7.🌹

Chapter's Song: Duduke by  Simi

OLAIDE.

Phew,it was a tough day for me but I feel relieved at last. Now it seems I can breathe properly again. As I got home,I was all smiles. Mr Bello even asked me if I won a competition or something because that's the only time I'm always happy.

As I got to my room, I took my shower,went downstairs, prepared a lunch of noodles and egg for myself. I proceeded to my room to do my assignments. When I finished,I decided to do more research about modelling.

I realized that I do have almost all the qualities of being a model. Note the word "almost". The one quality I lacked was confidence. I can't imagine strutting down the fashion runway looking at hundreds or even thousands of people. I can't even face my teachers properly.

"Maybe,registering for this contest was a big mistake after all" I said to myself after letting out a big sigh.

Night time came so fast and I decided to wait for my mum before having dinner. Maybe I needed to talk to her afterall. I need to get things right with myself at home before I can get things right anywhere else.

I waited for about thirty minutes before I heard the security man open the gate for her and minutes later, I heard the subtle clicking of her heels on the tiles. I decided to open the main door for her myself. When she saw me,she was clearly surprised. I haven't done that in months.

I collected her bag and laptop and said "Welcome mummy".
She was still surprised but she replied.

As she stepped into the house,she saw that I had set the table for dinner.
"Expecting someone?" She asked.
"No mum." I replied.
"Then who's this for?" She asked.
"It's for the both of us. Maybe we do need to talk things out. I'll wait for you. Go and take your shower." I replied with a small smile on my face.

She was obviously not expecting this and she couldn't even hide the surprise on her face. I saw her smiling and I realized maybe I'd been a little bit mean to her over this past few months. Well time to set things right.

When my mum came downstairs,we went to the dinning area and took our seats. We ate our dinner of spaghetti Bolognese and turkey in silence. When we were done with dinner,mum cleared her throat looking expectantly at me.

"Well,time to talk." I said to myself mentally.
"Mum,I'm sorry."
"Sorry for what my dear? " She asked.
"Everything". I replied.

"Mum,I know I've been mean to you and I'm really sorry but mum I did it because I missed you. I thought you didn't care about me anymore and dad is also never around. I feel so alone and sad most times and ...." The rest of the words got stuck in my throat and I couldn't control my tears any longer.

"I'm really sorry I made you feel that way darling. You know I and your dad love you so much. We might not be the best parents but we love you so much and we try as much as possible to be available for you." She said.

"B-B-But mum,I want us to be together as a family and have family time." I sobbed quietly.
"I promise we'll rectify our mistake okay? Just give us a little time. I promise we'll find a way out. We'll have all the family time in the world. Okay?" She replied.
"You promise?"
"I promise."

With that small ray of hope,I smiled at her and gave a tight hug. I sure missed hugging her like that. She hugged me tightly too and kissed my forehead. I saw tears in her eyes and wiped it off.

I slept in my mum's room that night and trust me when I say that I slept like a baby. I woke up to the nice aroma of pancakes. I quickly brushed my teeth,took my bath and dressed up in my school uniform. It's been a very long time my mum prepared breakfast plus "isn't she supposed to be at the office?" I asked myself.

I skipped down the stairs and dropped my school bag on the sofa.
"Good morning mummy" I said as I entered the kitchen.
"Good morning baby" She replied and gave me a kiss on my forehead.
"Did you sleep well dear?" She asked.
"Yes I did. What about you?" I asked.
"I did too. Have your seat. I've prepared breakfast for you and I've also packed some snacks for you to take to school."
"Mum...? You packed snacks for me?" I asked with a surprised look on my face."
"Yes. Is that okay?"
"Yes it is. I'm just surprised." I said.
"Plus aren't you supposed to be at work?"
"I decided to take a break for the rest of the week."
"Okay but why?"
"I want to spend time with you."
"Awwwnn...."
"Okay enough of the chit chat and eat your food. You don't want to be late."

I got into the car after having breakfast and it seems like today's looking great already. I greeted Me Bello, settled into the backseat and put my airpods on. I was going to be listening to music till I got to school. I searched for my favorite playlist and relaxed in the seat.
"Let's see how today goes." I muttered to myself.

Author's Note: Heyyy guys. Sorry for the late update but at least it came righttttt?? Pls continue to vote and comment. Do you think I should do a cast with pictures of the characters? Or do you want to continue imagining the characters the way you like?
Kindly give your opinion in the comment section.

P.S: This book will still go through some major editing so bear with me. Have a nice weekend.

©️All rights reserved.