🌹 Chapter 17.🌹

Chapter's Song:

DEMILADE.

Ifeanyi and I were driving home and I could not stop smiling. I kept thinking about her. She had the perfect facial expressions for every situation. Her smile made my heart flutter. Even thinking about it now was giving me butterflies.  Do boys get butterflies in their stomachs too?

I started thinking about how my day went. She is a shy person but can be really outgoing when she is with people she loves or likes. Does that mean she likes me now?
"Demilade,stop getting ahead of yourself." I said to myself.

"Guyyyyy." It was Ifeanyi.
"Ehnnnn"
"Do you know how long I've been calling you?"
"Noooo." I said while scratching my head.
"Do you like her that much?" He asked.
"Yes I guess."
"You guess Abi you're sure?"
"I'm sure."
"It's okay but you need to get your shit together. You grab?"
"Yeahhhh."

I understood what he meant by getting my shit together. I had too many scandalous relationships and I don't want to drag Olaide into any of it. She deserves better. Little did I know......

As we arrived at my house,I sighted my dad's car. They got home before I did. "Shit!!" I said.
"Guyyyy just calm down. Tell him you were with me."
"Yeah sure." I said before getting down from the car.
"Take care. See ya on Monday."
"You too. We'll talk later.". I said and watched him drive off.

Ifeanyi understood my situation with my dad. Actually,all my friends understood but he understood the most. This is because he has been my friend since we were in primary school. He tended to most of my wounds when I was in Junior School and most times, he pleaded with his mum to beg my dad on my behalf when I got in trouble at school. He is my personal diary.

As I walked inside the house, I saw my brother on his knees infront of my dad. My mum was sobbing quietly in a corner. My dad was literally whipping my brother. My brother is 25 years old for God's sake. As he raised up his hand to beat my brother, I bent over my brother and it landed on me  instead.

"Ahhhh" my mum screamed.
"Demi,what are doing?" It was my brother. I looked at him and saw his bloodshot eyes,bruised face and body.
I don't think I've ever felt as angry as I was at that moment.
"So you're back." My dad said.

I did not give him an answer. Instead, I said:
"You're such a coward." I said facing my dad.
"What?? Do you have a death wish?" He said angrily.
"DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH?" I asked.
"Wow!!! So you can talk back now?" He said and almost immediately,he slapped me.
"That will be the last time you hurt me. I've been enduring you for the past 6 years of my life. You're so fucking abusive and selfish. I hope you rot in the deepest part of hell." I spat at him in rage.
"What are you saying?" My mum said and tried to stop me.
"Mummmm stop itt." I said and removed her hands from mine. She was taken aback.

"Mummy stop it. Is this how you want to continue living? Forget about this evil man for a while and think about yourself. Are you getting the respect you deserve as a wife? He sleeps around and he even has kids outside your marriage. You have invested 25 years of your life in this marriage and what have you achieved?" I asked angrily.
"My son please......"she said and started crying into my arms.

This was what made me weak. I hated seeing my mum cry. It made me hate myself and it definitely increased my hatred towards my father. I do not even think he deserves to be called a father.

"Mum it's fine." I said and patted her hair.
"I'm sorryyyyy." She said in tears.
"Mum, you've done nothing to be sorry for."I replied and kissed her forehead.
"And you..." I said facing my brother.
"What's wrong with you? Why are you sitting there all weak? You're covered in bruises and you can't do anything about it?"
"I'm sorry, Demilade. I have no choice if I want to protect you." He said.
"Don't protect me. Protect yourself. Be a man..." I didn't finish that statement before my dad punched me in the face.
"Shut up!! You bastard!!" He said.