•Stress Reliever• Hoesok

The slamming of the door and the heavy thump of Hoseok's bag announced his arrival. 

"Hi Hobi!" 

The silence following was filled with tension. He must have been tired. Or upset. 

"Hello princess." He entered the kitchen, his expression grave. His body fell into the kitchen chair, and he immediately rolled his neck. 

“Hard day?” You kept stirring the pot, your dinner almost ready.

“Can’t you guess?” He propped his elbow on the table and put his head in his hands.

“Wanna talk it out?”

“Mh. I just wanna eat.”

“Okay.” You were in complete silence for five minutes or so, Hobi perfectly still in his exhaustion. You knew how the evening would eventually end, it was just a matter of time. All you needed was to push his buttons and the dark cloud surrounding him would easily turn into a storm before vanishing completely. 

You only needed the right language to unlock him. 

“Dinner’s ready.” You fixed the plates on the table, making sure that his favourites were closer to him. “What do you want to drink?”

“Water.” The answer felt heavy too. This was truly hell. 

“Okay.” You put down the bottle of sprite you were just taking out of the fridge. Sitting in front of him you started eating in silence. “Do you like it? I tried a new side dish.”

“It’s nice.” He was so silent. It’s been a while since he was so tense. How could you help him?

“Glad you like it.” You let him bask in his quiet. Let him brood.

Contrary to popular belief, he was rather quiet and serious as a person in his private life, sure he was warm and kind to everyone, but he wasn’t half as energetic as he was with Army.

As you kept thinking about how to unleash him, you finished your food, asking him whether he wanted to eat some more or if he was okay. 

“It’s good.” He replied dryly. 

“I have dessert. Want some?” The corners of his mouth moved downwards in an indecisive expression.

“Yeah.”

“Let me go get that.” You hid in the kitchen, gathering your nerves. It wasn’t like you’ve never done this before. Now covered only in your plain underwear, a comfy cotton set, you spied at him from behind the wall. Legs spread, elbows still planted on the table, expression lost in the void with his chin hugged by his left hand. 

The sound of your naked feet felt too loud, your ears oversensitive with the rush of blood running wild in your veins. His eyes turned towards you, darkening, lips twisting in an evil grin. 

“Look who’s coming.” You were standing at his side by now, arms crossed behind your back. 

“May I sit there, sir?” You looked at his lap, so inviting. 

“And my dessert?” Hoseok teased. “Where is it?”

“I’m afraid we don’t have any in the house, sir.” You replied, your voice as sorry as you could make it. 

“You’ll have to make up for that, you know?” He patted his thigh. “Come here, love.”

You sat across his lap, keeping your hands to yourself, joined in front of you, one of his arms supporting your back. 

“So rude of you to suggest dessert knowing that we don’t have any.” He whispered in you ear, his tone harsh and demanding. “Now I want some. What am I going to do, uh? Tell me, you tease, what am I gonna do?” He nipped at your earlobe. He was growling. “If I want something, I get it. So you better provide, ____.” He bit harder. “Are we clear?”