021. yo soy justicia

COLA LOVED HER FRIENDS. She really did - despite how different they were and where they came from, the Pogues were her family, and she'd never replace them.

But god, sometimes, they could be so fucking stupid.

"That lady ripped us off," Cola grumbled, still pissed at the fact that her friends had settled for seventy grand. Seventy. Half of it's true value. Half of what they could've earned. "We should've just went to the mainland."

"Wanna complain a bit more?" John B mumbled in annoyance, eyeing the girl on the front seat. However, the all knowing tone stopped when he sees the state she was in.

Whenever Cola was pissed, she had a tell - biting the inside of her cheek so roughly that you'd see her cheekbones, and fuck, Cola was pissed.

"I am gonna complain a bit more. Thanks, John B. We just got ripped off half the price." The girl responded sarcastically, scooting to her right to face the boy. Instead, her eyes trail over to the sight out of the window - she's lived in the Outer Banks her whole life, and she's never been to this area. "Where the fuck are we at anyway?"

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive." Sarah quickly changed the topic from the backseat, not wanting a fight to break out.

"'Cause you're rich." JJ mumbled nonchalantly, tone soft.

"You've never heard of it either." Kiara defends Sarah with a frown.

"Thank you."

Cola looked out the window, trying to get a sense of where they were at. Resurrection drive. She could've at least recognized the name, but nothing popped up in her head. The view was also unfamiliar - being a bunch of plants and trees, nothing else.

"There's nothing but weeds back here." Kiara stated, voicing Cola's thoughts out loud.

"All right, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..."

Whatever JJ was about to say was cut off by the sound of a siren whooping. Cola knew those sounds - she was familiar with them, especially since she was a Pogue that hung around Figure Eight most of the time.

"Cops?" Kiara whispered in fear, "Out here?"

"God! Are you kidding me?" JJ cursed loudly, visibly pissed at the situation they found themselves caught in.

"What the fuck did we do?"

"Maybe if you didn't steal those rings—"

"She didn't see me steal them okay, Kie?" Cola snapped, letting out an annoyed groan at the sight of the car pulling over the road. "JJ, stash the gold."

"Chill, guys." Kiara mumbled.

"Easy for you to say," Cola retorted, the bad mood taking over her. "Not all of us are trust fund babies."

Kiara laughed, although there was no trace of humor in her tone. "God, why are you so bitchy right now?"

"Can you two please shut up!" Pope whisper shouted, turning to JJ who was busy hiding the gold into a hidden compartment. "Did you bring the gun?"

"No. Okay? Everybody told me to leave it back at the place." With that, JJ and Pope fumbled with the bag, rushing to keep it hidden from plain sight.

Cola shut her eyes in pure agony, threading her fingers through her hair. This was not how it was supposed to go - by now, they should've been celebrating over the fact that they got their hard earned money and not panic at the slightest possibility of getting arrested.