025. guns a-blazin'

NOTHING COULD COMPARE TO THIS - Nicola could hardly contain her happiness and it was very evident, given to the fact that she quite literally looked like a soda bottle that was about to explode. In fact, the girl was so invested in her own thoughts that she barely took JJ, who was loading a bunch of bullets into his gun any attention.

"We go in there, guns a-blazin', make Ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible and vámonos, get the hell out of there." JJ stated, whilst he continued to load in the magazine with bullets. In hindsight, it was a bad idea. Terrible, even. But that's all they've got - even Pope couldn't think of anything better.

"Down the Intracoastal." John B added.

"Wait for weather."

"Exit to Cuba." Pope finished. Cola shot him a smile, too giddy to care about what had happened last night.

"Cuba?" JJ raised his brow, questioning the destination of choice. "No, man, Xcalak, Jewel of the Yucatan." he glanced at the girl. "Lobsters so thick, mangoes, and no word for money."

Nicola grinned back at him, clapping her hands together in excitement as she looked out of the window. "Let's do this shit!"

After a few minutes of surreal bliss, they eventually ended up stopping outside a giant metal fence. Everyone hopped out of the car in an instant, running up to look through it in hopes of seeing something.

Nicola squinted her eyes, both fascinated and absolutely jealous at the same time at the sight that stood in front of her. Ward Cameron could just casually rent a private plane - something she's dreamed of her whole life.

"What's the plan? Broad strokes." Kiara questions John B. At this point, Nicola understood that she wasn't going to pay her any attention any time soon so she let Kie speak, not bothering to get her attention anymore.

"I don't think we got that far." John B stated as they all leaned against the fence, looking through the tiny holes. It was a surprise that none of the people could see the five teenagers eyeing them like a bunch of stalkers, since they weren't really doing anything to hide themselves.

Pope grabbed his binoculars (which confused Nicola a bit, was he just whipping it out of nowhere?) "They're loading up the gold."

A range rover beeped loudly, making John B take the binoculars. After a few seconds of staring, he blinks once. Then twice. Then he looks back at his friends, fear and anger evident in his eyes. "There's Ward."

"Okay?" Cola questions, confused. Of course Ward was there, why was he acting all surprised? The girl then points back at the binoculars, motioning for the boy to get off his ass and spy on those people.

Again, John B watched through the lenses. At this angle, the people looked like very small ants moving around food - so he was basically the only one who got a clear view of everything. After a few seconds, he lowered the lenses once again but with a very different expression - he looked shocked and hurt.

"What?" Kiara questions aggressively once she notices the look on his face. "What? What?" she repeats again and again.

"It's Sarah," John B responds quietly.

"She's with them?" Pope questions. By the look on John B's face, he was right.

Cola could only gape in shock - if it were a few days ago, she would've been absolutely pissed. Kiara was right - whatever they tried to get, Sarah was going to take. She'd called it from the start.

But Nicola wasn't mad - she was disappointed. Sure, she didn't have time to make any friends since no one of the Cut liked her, and although she's only known Sarah for a few days, she could definitely consider her one.