Commit

Jameson

I walk up the steps to my home and I sigh. The air around me seems to cackle with tension because I have no idea if Reece is going to be inside. My heart hammers so hard that it makes my head throb with it. 

Opening the front door is almost impossible because I'm afraid there will be no one inside, but as soon as the door opens I hear movement in the kitchen. Exhaling, I take steady footsteps towards the noise. When I turn the last corner towards the kitchen, every inch of my being lights up. Reece is pulling something that smells delicious out of the oven. I wait for him to notice I'm there, and when he does, his pretty eyes scan me. He's looking for blood, I know it, but he won't find any. I showered because I was indeed covered in it. 

"What's for dinner?" I ask breaking the silence. 

"Roast." Reece replies as he sits down the large pan of roast. "Go, sit. We need to talk." He says as he fishes out two plates. I don't fight him or his stern tone. Instead, I slip off my shoes, remove my shirt and belt, leaving it in a pile on the floor. My eyes stare at Reece's back as I make my way over to the head of the table. Once there, I sit and wait. Minutes later Reece comes in holding two plates on one arm, a wine glass under the other, and two glasses in his free hand. He sits it all down with ease before taking a seat beside me. The silence is thick as he hands me utensils, and then he takes a bite of the roasted meat. I do the same, eyeing him the whole time. My taste buds seem to burst with flavor and I can't help but let out an approving hum. The smile that spreads across Reece's face has me exhaling in relief. 

"I'm happy you enjoy my cooking," Reece says as he opens the wine and pours us both a glass. We take a sip while looking at each other and I know the conversation is about to start. "I have concerns." 

"Understood, and I will do what I can to elevate your worry." 

"We want kids. How many? Well, that depends on if Kylen wants any of his own. If he does, we're talking at least seven to eight." I nod as Reece sighs. "Our children will have a hard enough time blending into society with the type of family they will have. I don't want to have to worry about their every move. I don't want to have to fear them being hurt. What you do for a living is dangerous. I know these are people that other people want dead, but what if someone wants the person you are killing, alive? Then you piss off that person and what if they have connections? What if they don't come for your neck but one of our sons or daughters? How can you or how do you plan on protecting your family? You are one man." 

"You are right," I say as I clear my throat and sit up straighter. "I am but one man but I am a man who has power. The people I strip from this planet have been looked into. I know every single thing about them. If they sneeze I know it and I know if they are loved or wanted on this planet. I don't take away father's unless they have wronged their children in a way that the law can't give justice to. I don't kill women unless they do something grave. In other words, I will not kill innocent or wanted people, so that is not a worry."

"But what about this hit on me? On us? You're having to jump through hoops to stop it. You are having to hire men to watch after me, Madison, and Kylen. You can't be everywhere at once. I need to know that I won't have to put Madison through this for the rest of our lives. Peace is what I seek. My life has been hell, I've been through too much and so has Madison and from what Robert shared briefly, so have you. Don't you want peace?" 

"I don't want peace, I demand it and I will get it. This is a hiccup that won't happen again. A bump in the road so to speak. One we will never cross again. That I can assure you."

"How can you assure me that?" Reece eats another piece of roast and I follow suit. I dig into the vegetables he has before taking a sip of wine. 

"You will have to trust me, Reece. I've been doing this  work for a very long time and this is the first time this has ever happened. And must I remind you that this is not my debt. This is a bounty on your head for 

a case you took. This is not due to my work. I know how to keep those things separate." 

I watch Reece slams down his wine glass, the red liquid sloshing out of the glass. 

"So this is my fucking fault?" 

"Reece, no." 

"Yes, the fuck it is. I knew I shouldn't have taken the fucking case, but the price tag was 1.4 million. I was going to be able to build Madison a house, and now, I'm rushing her towards an early grave." 

"Hey," I say as I grab Reece's trembling hand. "You did not know when you took the case that they would threaten your life. So, this is no more your fault than it is mine. But I want you to hear me, and comprehend what I'm saying." My words come out stern as I grip Reece's chin. "I will make sure no harm ever comes to you or my other to lovers. You guys will always be protected, even if I have to lay down my life to ensure it. Our children will never know fear, never. They will only know love, protection, kindness. I swear to it." Reece must see the passion in my gaze, because his entire body relaxes. A slow smile spreads onto his face and I smile back. 

"I love you," he says with conviction and I inhale each word like a lifeline. 

"I love you." I say back before kissing the back of his hand. We finish eating in a comfortable silence before going upstairs so that I can rest. 

 Kylen

"Open," I say as Madison sits up against the headboard. She does as I say and I slip the two pills into her mouth before handing her orange juice. My intentions tonight were to have her opening for my cock, but her fever keeps spiking. She's thrown up a few times as well and I have a feeling I know why. Madison slips down into the duvet and I smile when she gives me a weak one. My phone rings as I stand to leave her to rest. When I pull it out of my pocket, Jameson's name flashes across the screen. 

"Hello handsome." My voice comes out just as tired as I feel. 

"Hello handsome, how is our woman doing?" Jameson asks. He sounds exhausted as well. I bite my bottom lip before exhaling. I'm not really sure how to say what I need to say but it has to be said. 

"I have to ask you a question." 

"Um, okay. Sure." Jameson says and I can hear the uncertainty in his voice. 

"Have you used protection when fucking Madison?" The is a deafening silence as I wait for the answer. 

"No." 

"Well, if I'm not mistaken then someone is about to be a father." I hear the sound of the phone either being dropped or handed over. Seconds later I hear Reece's voice. 

"What is going on?" He sounds panicked. "Why is Jameson sitting on the floor staring off into space?"

"Your wife is pregnant, that's why."

"W-What!? H-How do you know?!" Reece shouts into the phone. I chuckle as I pull the phone away from my ear. 

"I don't know for sure, but he basal body temperature is high, that's why her temperature is up a little more than the average person. She also can't hold anything down and I don't know, call it a doctor intuition. When she wakes up from her nap, I'll draw her blood and send it off. But I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong." 

"WHOOOOHOOOOO!!" I hear Reece shout into the phone and I grin from his joy. 

"You guys just get whatever you need done down there finish quickly. You've got a pregnant woman to come home to." Reece lets out a strangled sound and I know he's sobbing. We share our goodbyes and I turn to walk back down the hall to lay with Madison but when I hit the corner I find  our girl standing in front of me, her mouth slacked. She looks mortified as she places a hand on her lower belly. 

"I'm pregnant?" Madison asks and I give her an wary smile. She doesn't look to be excited and when she lets out a gut wrenching wail, I know she's anything but.