MANGO

Still don't know my name

Jiwon entered the narcotics office and sat on her usual seat across pildo's and checked through the papers for more information about mango. "Pildo, about mango.. are you going to.." she started but was soon answered by pildo with a quick "Yes." She replied with a quick ok and resumed her search on Mango's documents.

"Why are you here?" Jiwon looked up after hearing pildo's voice question. She noticed the same girl from before, Oh Hyejin in their office. "She'll be joining our team." Chief Cha instructed them. "But sir-" "No more questions." Jiwon was cut off by their chief as the new corporal joined them and sat at one of their previous partner's seat. Pildo looked over to Jiwon and clearly showed his disgust for the new girl.

Pildo seems troubled by the new girl after she broke into their but Jiwon has something else going on in her mind.

Jiwon continued looking through the documents as she heard pildo mocking Hyejin for not staying for too long in the team and all which jiwon ignored. Jiwon's phone rang as she picked it up, "Hello? Yeah.. oh.." she looked over to pildo and said, "Why is your phone off?" Pildo checked his phone as Jiwon continued with the call, "Yes say.. oh there?... When?... Ok got It." She hung up and got up, grabbing her jacket and Instructing her team to go out. "What?" Hyejin questioned. "Lets see what you can do." Pildo mocked her again as they looked to Jiwon, she simply said, "Mango." As they all followed.

"The owner goes by the name Mango, bring him out." Pildo spoke and challenged the girl while Jiwon looked concerned, not because of the girl but because of the fact that she can mess up again but she didn't bug in. "What's the charge?" Hyejin asked to which Jiwon replied, "There's no need to read him his rights. Just bring that jerk out." Hyejin nodded and went in.

"Hey pildo did the rookie go in?" Their partner asked as Pildo said that mango will come out running. Jiwon knew quite well that isn't going to happen and she said the same to pildo. "Why though?" Pildo asked to which she replied, "You really think she'll leave mango to run out instead of beating the shit out him? Didn't you see what she did last time? She is more of action than words." Pildo nodded listening to Jiwon but didn't do anything and just waited for a few more minutes. "Lets go." Pildo went out of the car and did Jiwon.

They entered the building only to find the guards all passed out on the ground. "What the.." Pildo murmured, "Saw that?" Jiwon almost mocked him. "Is he dead?" Dae Soo asked but got no reply from anyone.

Jiwon went through a room filled with people gambling and looked around, studying to see if anything is necessary. She ran through the room and came across another room where she spotted Hyejin holding mango down. Soon Pildo arrived and sighed looking at the mess all around. "I told you to bring him out not to beat the shit out of everyone." Pildo told her.

Mango was taken out by the other two officers while Pildo told the gamblers to submit their ids. Chaos erupted through the rooms once the IDs were asked for.

"Where are the drugs?!" Jiwon inquired Mango only to get nothing in result. She searched through the room, not getting anything. She heard some hustling and turned around to see the bartender clinging to one corner of the rack. Jiwon pointed her gun to him and told him to stay still while Hyejin went near him and checked the place. The drugs were indeed there, hidden well inside a few bottles of wine. "You asshole come here." Pildo said and pulled mango away. Jiwon handcuffed some of the other people.

"Where did you get this?" Jiwon questioned Mango while Pildo and the other members of the team kept an eye through their computers and Hyejin sat in the corner of the investigation room. "Answer me." She repeated. "It... Was a gift. Someone gave this sample to me." Mango finally replied. "And who was it?" Jiwon questioned more. Instead of answering Mango started sighing loudly as if rethinking whether he should reveal it or not. Jiwon gave a quick glance to Hyejin in the corner and looked to mango again, "Yah, this boss isn't your best friend. You are fucked up already so why don't you reveal his name and get him caught too. You won't get free sooner this time." Mango looked around with uncertainty and finally started, "He is a brutal one.."

___

"I logged you in the system." "Thank you." Hyejin sat beside Jiwon's table and looked through her computer. Out of curiosity Jiwon peeked into Hyejin's computer only to see Hyejin going through a case which was at its dead end. Yoon Donghoon's case. "Why are you going through old cases that aren't getting investigated right now? It's better if you search for the one Mango spoke about." Jiwon alerted Hyejin who quickly shut all the websites and something in her spoke that she was hiding something.

Jiwon didn't really had any problem with Hyejin liked Pildo has but she couldn't help get annoyed when she gets distracted. It has been only a few days with her and Jiwon feels like the narcotics team and Hyejin are searching for the same culprits but with different reasons. As if Narcotics was an excuse for Hyejin to search for someone.

"Would you like some coffee?" Gun pyeong asked as Jiwon nodded. "I'm going to the evidence storage room so if I would've not returned then keep it on my table." Jiwon told and left the room, Gun pyeong followed after a few seconds.

Seeing no one in the room Hyejin searched through the case once again. She took out a gun and checked it. The gun wasn't hers. It was the gun used to killer her father. She got it from Choi Mujin.

___________________________________

Thank you for reading. I'm sorry for being quite late to update. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget vote and share this story! Thank you.