ENEMY OR ALLY?

Oh, the misery
Everybody wants to be my enemy
Spare the sympathy
Everybody wants to be my enemy

Jiwoo successfully reached Choi Mujin, who was injured from the fights previously and was getting treated in a temple few miles away from the area of the incident.

"Sir are you alright?" Jiwoo asked. Mujin smiled slightly and replied, "Ah yes I am, thanks to you." Jiwoo nodded slowly. "Sir.. I have something to ask." Jiwoo started to which Mujin frowned but allowed her to anyways. "Detective Jiwon from the narc team is my sister?" Mujin's eyes widened a little at how jiwoo was straight forward but he answered. "Gosh, I think I should tell you everything..." Jiwoo indicated him to continue.

"Your father was in the police but he betrayed them and worked with me, he even brought your sister with him to help him. She was around 18 when she came to dongcheon. We were all pretty close. Donghoon was my best buddy, never thought I'd lose him. But yeah, since he betrayed the police they killed him the day he went to meet you."

"What about my sister?" Jiwoo questioned. Mujin nodded and acted as if he was wiping away tears as he replied, "She was about to get killed as well. But I kind of saved her. I ordered her to leave my place and surrender to the police which she did. A few years later she was freed. She got my money and completed her studies, she turned out to be a police officer just like you but she betrayed me." Mujin tried playing victim in front of Jiwoo.

"Why does everyone I trust betray me? I never betrayed anyone.." He added, sympathetic towards himself.

He did. He betrayed Jiwon the minute he came attacking her, he betrayed jiwoo by manipulating her. He betrayed her father. He betrayed the gang members the second he took advantage of their situations and exploited them to be in his gang. h
He betrayed Taeju when he trusted Jiwoo more than him. Choi Mujin was a broken man but that never gave him the right to manipulate others and then play the victim.

Jiwoo nodded. Understanding and believing Choi Mujin's lies while he internally smirked.

"Jiwoo.. the one who killed your father... Was none other than chief Choi." Mujin added more. Jiwoo looked at him, stunned at the new information. "I will not forgive him!" Jiwoo said, fuming in anger as she stood up and kicked anything near her. Mujin didn't stop him. "Go, get your revenge on him, I'll take care of the body later." Mujin instructed, encouraging her more to his bad deeds.

Mujin smirked, finally succeeding in making Jiwoo turn enemy against Jiwon.

On the other hand Jiwon has now fully recovered and Pildo helped her getting discharged. The wounds were still in need of care but that's not Jiwon's first priority right now. She can take care of it by herself. After an argument about Jiwon take rest instead of work, both Pildo and Jiwon set to search for the places nearby the incident.

First she went to her father's grave. It has been 5 years and today was the day he was murdered. Jiwon sat down near his grave while she started crying. Pildo decided to go away and give her some space. "I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry dad. I'm being such a bad daughter, I couldn't save you and now I can't even save jiwoo, she was my responsibility after all." Jiwon admitted in guilt. She can never forgive herself for all the bad memories because she always blamed herself for it.

X

Jiwon and Pildo arrived at the very temple Mujin and Jiwoo were at. "Excuse me, did anyone come to this temple since the last 3 days?" Jiwon asked the priest, outside the temple. "No one is coming to this small temple right now." The priest politely answered back. Jiwon nodded but pildo had his suspicion so he walked a few steps closer to the temple. The priest saw this and spoke, "It's the winter season now, this temple is in the middle of nowhere so no one wishes coming her in this season." The cops believed the priest.