ENDING THE GAME

You're standing on the edge face up
'cause you're a natural
A beating heart of stone
You gotta be this cold
To make it in this world

Jiwon looked around and spotted the car halting at what seems like a construction area. She turned to GangJae who was looking at his phone and smoking. He turned around, keeping something in place in the backseat, following him she turned back and saw a few more cars behind the one she is sitting in. GangJae really came prepared. He then took his gun out.

He turned to jiwon and said, "Today's the day. I've called the police, Choi Mujin and you are here too! I'll open up about you to the police after they catch Mujin. Both you, your sister and Mujin will get trapped and I'll be in a safer position than you!" Jiwon's eyes widen at his statement. If Mujin actually gets caught by the police then no one can stop GangJae from revealing Jiwon's identity of being an ex worker at Dongcheon. The police will start to doubt her as well, just the way they are doubting her sister.

Soon a few cars arrived, not coming to notice of GangJae or any other person there. The police carefully covered the area. Being more and more impatient GangJae dialled the police but they just ignored the call to continue their operation.

Few moments later Mujin and his cars swished through the dust filled area, announcing their arrival.

Seeing Mujin's car parked infront of his own, Gangjae cursed the police and threw his phone startling Jiwon. She needs to get out of there as soon as possible, she doesn't even know whether the police have arrived or not. But seeing Mujin and Gangjae in front of her she was sure that one of them is going to kill her today.

"GangJae, come out and say hi." Mujin ordered. GangJae opened the door as Mujin noticed the presence of the girl inside his car. His smile widened as he mumbled, "What a day..." There also stood Taeju behind Mujin, who noticed the weak girl in the seat as his eyes soften for moment before turning back to the thug.

Before walking out GangJae held Jiwon's face tightly as she tried resisting but failed. He kissed her cheek forcefully and patted her, before laughing off and turning to his backseat. He walked out after a last glance to her and she sat in confusion, soon trying to get out of the car. "I'm glad you're here. I thought I wouldn't see you before I go." GangJae taunted as his men surrounded him.

With that The two groups started fighting.

Jiwon couldn't focus on it anymore because she was diverted by the humming sound coming from the backseat. She took a deep breath to relax herself but that's when something caught her nose. She sniffed more and to her bad luck she started coughing. That's when she noticed the faint black smoke coming from the backseat. Her eyes slowly started burning and her coughs increased. GangJae really left her for a painful death. She tried opening, kicking and even breaking the door but to no avail. She went to the backseat and took off her jacket- placing it in front of the machine emitting the smoke. She tried breaking it but it was strongly planted into the backseat. The jacket did slow down the smoke but that still wasn't enough as hot tears ran down here eyes and it turned red, saliva dropped out her mouth from coughing so much. She was struggling now.

The police didn't bug in even after the commotion. They couldn't see Jiwon because of the highly tinted windows.

Soon GangJae and Mujin came face to face as Mujin beat the boy up. He got up and ran to a secluded area as mujin followed him. Seeing this the police entered the place. "Arrest them all." The narc started arresting the thugs as Taeju silently escaped.

He ran to the car Jiwon was in and tried to open the door but didn't succeed. He looked inside but was unable to. Jiwon coughed a few more times before struggling in asking him for help. He probably heard it because he picked up a huge rock next to his feet as started breaking the glass. Jiwon moved aside, coughing more since the jacket was removed from the machine. Taeju tried a few more times before it eventually broke. Jiwon sighed in relief as she tried her best to kick the door open and fell out.

Taeju held her tightly. "Are- are you okay?!" Taeju asked, in shock. "Do- I look- ok-ay?" Jiwon replied between her coughs. He helped her relax for sometime but then noticed the police coming his way. "I have to go." He muttered and ran away. Jiwon was still coughing as she noticed Pildo. She stood up, taking support from the car.

Pildo noticed her and ran towards her. Grabbing her before she falls again. "Jiwon! Are you okay?!" Pildo questioned to which Jiwon gave the same reply as before. He didn't say anything and let her sit there, bringing her a bottle of water. She washed her face and drank the water. Pildo softly held her face and asked, "What happened?" Jiwon looked at his desperate eyes and was about to answer but decided otherwise. "I think we should get Mujin and Gangjae first." She commented, she has to stop GangJae from revealing the truth. "Not you, I'll go." Pildo said.

Not known to anyone, Cha Gi Ho has actually followed both GangJae and Mujin to the secluded area but has been out of their sight throughout. Pildo ran to the area they went.

Jiwon sat there, she decided to go once she gathers up the energy. But suddenly she saw Oh Hyejin's car, she arrived just now. Maybe chief Cha didn't include her in the operation. Jiwon concluded to herself. Hearing some footsteps, Jiwon looked up only to see GangJae and Mujin over the construction bridge. She decided to follow them now. She stood up and walked out, spotting Gun Pyeong mid way she asked for the gun as he handed one to her. Slowly she started running towards them.

Running towards the bridge she spotted GangJae, Mujin fighting while Hyejin was behind, pointing the gun to someone. She even spotted Pildo. GangJae started stabbing Mujin multiple times as he fell to the ground. GangJae laughed loudly and was about to stab Mujin again when Hyejin stopped him by a gunshot.

"Pildo!" Jiwon called out to the man who turned around and was surprised to see the weak girl there. "I told you not come!" Pildo scolded but Jiwon couldn't care less about it. She catched up to him and put her hand on his shoulder for support walking. "Let's talk about that later, we need to take care of them." She pointed the trio infront of them. Pildo rolled his eyes at the stubborn girl and helped her run towards them.

"Stop right there!" Pildo shouted as GangJae turned to them. He smirked looking at them and turned to Hyejin, who was standing in front of her. "What will he do when he finds out you work with Mujin?" GangJae whispered to Hyejin, inaudible to the pair. Seeing GangJae busy talking both of them strutted forward silently.

Choi Mujin in the other hand was about to get caught by chief Cho but thanks to Taeju he was saved.

"Detective, I'll turn myself in! I'll confess everything." GangJae shouted as Jiwon's eyes widen and Hyejin stood frozen. Jiwon internally prayed Hyejin to shoot GangJae. "Detective Oh.. calm down..." Pildo declared while he slowly held his gun. Jiwon separated from him as she held into position as well.

GangJae surrendered, feeling himself winning as he announced, "I'll also tell you about dongcheon's secret member, Jiwo-" gunshots were heard throughout.

They were shot by Jiwon.

GangJae looked at her with wide eyes as he slipped and fell down the bridge. Blood spurted out his mouth and he died there soon after. The three of them stood there frozen. Jiwon's hand shook as the gun fell out her hands. This was not the first time she used her gun but this surely was the first time she killed someone.

Jiwon's leg weakened as she fell on her knees, hands tightly clutching her head as she tried stopping the negative thoughts in her mind. Hyejin looked at her with a questioning look as Pildo came along to help his partner up. "It's okay Jiwon, I won't ask for a reason now. Let's go back first. Let's go." He stated calmly.

"Fucking bitch." GangJae called out to Jiwon before dying.

_______________________________

Happy New Year guys! Hope this new year gives you happiness and a bigger list of kdramas 🤠 Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Ily, thanks for reading ^^

Edit: seeing that everyone is simping for GangJae I'm going to add another plot with him. Please wait and stay tuned for the next plot twists 😌