TRUTH

Bad things happen to the people you love and
You find yourself praying to the heaven above

Blinding lights and blasting music woke jiwon up. She spotted herself in a room and handcuffed to the bed. "Where am I?" She asked herself, trying to recall the last events. She realised this might be the bar he sells his products at. She tried her best to come out of the handcuffs but failed miserably.

"Look who's awake!" Gang Jae entered with Kim Cheol Ho as Jiwon got startled. "You jerks! Where is this place?" Jiwon started. "Don't worry, no one can come here, it's just you and... Us!" GangJae mocked her as him and Cheol Ho laughed loudly. Jiwon was too weak to do anything, she slowly slumped down.

GangJae stopped laughing and sat on the bed holding Jiwon's chin to look up at him. "How are you feeling? Back with the family?" He whispered to her. "Family? The family who killed my father and sister?!" Jiwon shouted, not able to control her rage anymore. "Chill! I'm not talking about this family.. the other one. Detective. Oh. Hyejin."

Hearing this jiwon stopped. She didn't really get what he meant but was expecting that whatever she was thinking shouldn't be the truth. "What? Didn't get it?" Cheol asked.

"Let me explain... Oh Hyejin is.... Song Jiwoo, your one and only sister! Couldn't really recognise her right? Her plastic surgeon did a wonderful job, wished I could get his number to cover my scar." GangJae laughed at the last joke as Jiwon sat there dumbfounded.

No way she was Jiwoo. Jiwoo was dead? She was killed along with her father. Jiwon couldn't process anything. "Stop lying to me! This can't happen! She is dead already?" Jiwon tried convincing herself that it was a lie. "Did you see her body?" GangJae's question made Jiwon think about it more. She really hasn't seen her body because she ran away from Dongcheon after receiving their death news.

"Oh my Jiwon, you haven't changed from the last time I saw you!" GangJae grabbed her face, smiling cynically. "Let me explain everything." Both of them went away to bring something.

Flashback

The busy bustling dongcheon once included Jiwon and her dad as their member. Her dad worked with Mujin while Jiwon took care of Dongcheon.

"Yah GangJae! Hurry up since when did you get lazy?" She called up to him as their evening training started. Seeing the boys doing their job nicely she left them to their practice and went to her spot. She picked up her phone which was ringing. It was a call from her dad. "Hello?"

"Ah yes dear, today I'll go and meet Jiwoo. I heard two policemen are behind her. I think I should explain everything to her her today. Will you come."

"Um I don't think I should, I'm still guilty of what has happened to her because of me. You should've done that earlier dad! Anyway, I'll take care of things here. You meet her and even tell her happy birthday from my side and I love her hehe."

"Ofcourse! By the way, I'm not going now. First, I'll complete some other work and then I'll go meet her."

"Oh okay, be sure to tell her call me if possible. Okay bye take care."

She hung up the call. She walked back into the training spot and noticed some boys are fighting. "Hey stop! Stop- wait-! No stop th-" no one was listening to jiwon. "Yah Kim Cheol Ho, stop it!-" Cheol Ho turned to Jiwon and said, "Why?! These boys are making fun of me for being old, I'll show them how strong I am!" GangJae was holding Cheol Ho back. "Stop it, it's not worth it. You guys are going to fight your enemies together, why are you fighting amongst yourself?" Jiwon softly spoke, she knows these thugs will never understand but she tries anyway. "Ugh stop it Jiwon! If it wasn't for your dad being close to Choi Mujin, you would've been a slave for us an-" Cheol's sentence was cut off by a slap across his face.