Kidnapped....

Note from author
Hi Goldens, it's author here, Beth Ariel S.
And this is actually my first novel here on Wattpad.

Honestly I made quite a number of typing errors and I made an effort to correct some, but am sure there are still some few that remained.

So as you read, you could write your comment if you notice any errors. Of course you could also comment about the story and what this chapter makes you feel about the entire story. In short, you could comment on anything concerning the story and I'd be replying to some of those comments. Thank you, have fun reading😉.

______________________________________________

It was afternoon, the road was empty and quiet; Heidi could even hear the sound of her footsteps and her breathing as she walked.

Her eyes kept moving every now and then, looking in the forest trees, along the road, at the road, behind her and then back to where she was heading. She was totally scared, gripping her torch even harder than before.

Heidi was a teacher in a school known as Little Angels Academy and she had just started working there recently.

In those few days she had worked in the school, she would depart earlier. But this time round, she had decided to work overtime and mark her students' books.

However, here she was, facing the consequences of that one action.

Suddenly as she kept walking, her body trembling from the freezing cold, her ears heard a rustling sound, her eyes immediately looking in the direction in which it came from as she increased pace.

But the sound was then followed by a cracking of a dry tree branch, making her to almost scream as her body trembled even more.

She had no certainity but she felt that there was something in these trees, something watching her. And at the thought of it, she prayed within her heart that she was wrong.

Little Angels Academy was not so far from her home, but the forest was one of the things that separated the two.

Eventually, her flashlight went off. At the moment she needed it the most, it betrayed her.

Heidi had used it at different occasions but it had never done to her a thing like this.

She tried hitting it with the back of her hand like a thousand times, the fear in her doubling up as her eyes looked around in her surrounding just to make sure that it was safe.

And that was when she spotted a glimpse of a figure in the night dark; it was a tall man's figure, walking alongside the road at a normal pace and Heidi felt her already racing heart race even more.

Well, like I said, she was the only person along the road. So, seeing this man that appeared out of no where in what felt like a micro second got her body to go numb.

The most unfortunate thing was that he was already a short distance from her and yet, she couldn't run. Her body failed to move and it was like her feet were glued to the ground. What was happening??

No, this was a dream!! She just hoped that it was all a bad dream. Her head started spinning and her sight became blurry.

She could see the man inch closer and closer.

[Tap.tap.tap] He moved.

In that distance still between them, Heidi could've been able to know who this man was but, her eyelids got heavier and heavier hence making her eye sight hindered and in the next one minute, she fell to the ground and completely blacked out.

.........

---Somewhere In Alaska---
Inside a simple house, sat an aged man in a sofa in his sitting area. He wasn't that old, just in his late 50s.

In front of him was a fireplace that provided to him warmth as his hands held a picture frame.

[Creak....]

He heard the house front door creak open. "Jr... is that you?" He suddenly said out loudly.

-silence-

This was starting to worry him a bit and he was forced to stand from his sofa and faced the direction that led to the house entrance.

Despite him being an aged man, he was a retired well trained police officer, and he was sure that the skills he acquired when in police were still a part of him. So he wasn't worried of the fact that he could fail to defend himself, he was worried about his son - Jr.

"Jr?" He called out for the second time as he took his first step forward. And them, finally, he got the response he was waiting to hear.

"Oh, dad, it's me."
The young man responded as he wore his indoor shoes.

The old man sighed, his hands falling back to his side as he watched his son walk in.

His son was a young man in his mid-twenties. With his well built and handsome looks that were slightly similar to the well known 'deadpool' actor 'Ryan Reynolds', there was no doubt that he got the attention of most girls in the area.

On walking in, the old man waited to see if anyone else had come in with his son and it didn't go unnoticed by his son.

"Dad," - he started - "Heidi left the school about one hour ago... that's what I was told by the guard at the school gate."

Hearing this, the old man felt his legs weaken, like they could nolonger lift his body anymore and what followed that was him plopping in the sofa. It was like he had suddenly frozen as he spaced out, wanting not to believe what he was thinking it was.

His son rushed to his side and patted his back softly.

He knew exactly what his father was feeling and basing from this reaction he had just gotten from him, he made up his mind on keeping whatever information and conclusions he had to himself. It was for the better good.

This was Heidi Holden's family, the old man - aka Mr. Harvey - was her father and Jr being her elder brother.
They lived just the three of them in this house, her brother being a police officer, her being a teacher and her father handling their family farm.

All of them were busy people so they had a house caretaker who did some of the chores as they were at their daily duties.

However, this night, right after the caretaker's departure, Mr. Harvey and Jr started to worry about Heidi. It was already late, and their was no sign of her soon arrival.

Since she wasn't answering her phone, Jr volunteered to go check on her at the school. Who knows, maybe she might have failed to get a cab or hard a lot of work.

Reaching the school, the gatekeeper refused to let Jr in, informing him that Ms. Holden had already left, about one hour ago.

Hearing that, Jr's worry craned. 'Where could she be?' he wondered then.

But as he returned, he noticed a familiar torch that he didn't notice on his journey to the school. The torch was along the road, on the side walk.

Yes, it was Heidi's torch but dolefully, it was the only thing he saw there as a clue, hence he marked the placed and decided to check it thoroughly once morning came.

Once his dad fell asleep, Jr decided to call Jake - Heidi's longtime friend - maybe he could help him in this search for his sister.

"Hello?" said the person at the other end of the phone with a quavering voice, like he was from a deep sleep.

"Jake, I need you help. I think my sister has been kidnapped."

"What?!!!"

"..."