Happiness

Back at the house, where Mr. Harvey was, Heidi sat in the couch as she sipped the coffee her dad gave to her.

As she sat silently, her overlyjojed father walked in with well baked cookies on a tray, it's aroma immediately filling the air in the room.

"Dear, have some of these." He said, causing Heidi to look in his direction as he took a seat next to her.

"Dad, you don't need to do all of this."

"Oh yes I do. Any father like me would do the same.... quick, you can eat all of them.

I'll go cook you some real food." Mr. Harvey spoke lovingly and before Heidi could even protest, he left the sitting area.

Back when she had just arrived, she found him all sad as he held her picture.

That broke her, and tears started to silently roll down her cheeks that moment.

He was in pain, sad, like he was mourning for a dead person, and that alone, tore her heart to many pieces.

She felt at fault for being the reason why his father was in that condition. If she was more careful that night, then her father wouldn't have ended up in such a situation.

As she stood a small distance from where her father was, her father subconsciously turned and his eyes met her.

It was like his consciousness had informed him of a being standing behind him that his head turned to prove it.

But seeing his daughter, standing right there, seemingly harmless, made him to first doubt his eyes.

Was his mind playing tricks on him now? But...but...how come she looked so real?!

He didn't even realize that he was moving closer to the girl till he was close enough to extend his hand to her chick.

His hand slowly moved and caressed Heidi's cheek and before he knew it, he had hugged her.

His daughter, she was real!!! She was back!

Once he was done hugging amd confirming that she was physically fine, he pulled her to the couch before delicately making her sit.

There, Harvey called his son and informed him about Heidi's arrival before he brought Heidi coffee and then the cookies.

Happiness was written all over his face, and even though Heidi wanted to help him in the kitchen, he didn't let her.

How could he let his daughter tire herself from some simple things?... especially after her being lost in what felt like forever to him.

Hmp! It was better for her to just rest and eat to her fill.

Suddenly, the house front door was bust open, getting everyone's attention wherever they were in the house.

Jr walked in hurriedly as his eyes looked around the place. And in what felt like a second, he saw her.

Yes, his sister, who was now looking in his direction from the sitting area. She was really here, and she seemed fine.

His father wasn't lying to him! For a moment, he didn't know if to smile or cry, as his face frowned and smiled at the same time.

Heidi, on the other hand, stood up on seeing him. "Bro...." Before she could even finish saying out her phrase, her brother had already hugged her.

He hugged her so tight, as if he had taken centuries without seeing her before he pulled away, as if to prove it was her and pulled her in again.

"W...Where have you been? Did...did anything happen to you....are you fine?

Does –"

"Am fine, brother Jr. You don't need to worry so much." Heidi cut him off after moved back from his hug to look at him.