Catfished II

2 years and 8 months later...

It was move in day at Spelman College and Normani had just finished setting up her room and unpacking her bags. It was her Junior year and she was excited about what was to come. After she finishes her goodbyes to her family, she heads back to her room to nap.

She steps onto the elevator pressing the 5th floor button. Suddenly a hand appears out of nowhere and a pretty blonde steps inside with her head down texting on her phone. She gives the girl a once over, taking in her appearance.

"Nique?"

The girl looks up at the mention of her name, she smiles as she recognizes Normani.

"Normani? Hey girl."

"Hey, I didn't know you were in this building."

"Yelp, Bahja told me what building y'all were in and I convinced my roommate to move here with me."

The elevator dings as it stops on their floor. The pair continue their conversation as they head down the hall.

"This is me."

They both look confused before laughing once they realize that they live across from each other.

"What a coincidence, you and Bahja should come over later. My roommate is cooking tonight and we can all hang."

"That sounds good. I'll let Bahja know when she gets back. What time should we come?"

"Is 6 good?"

"Yelp, Bahja should be back before then."

"Cool, see you then."

The two girls turn and enter their rooms. Normani quickly slips off her shorts and shirt, sliding under her covers to take a quick nap.

           ———————————————————

Dinah steps into her shared dorm suite, placing the groceries on the counter. She had gone shopping for dinner, making sure to get extra since her roommate texted her that they were having company. She didn't mind, she'd heard a lot about her roommate's best friend and was happy to finally meet her.

She puts up the groceries, leaving out the ingredients she needed to cook dinner. She makes her way to her room, stripping down until she's bare. She grabs a towel before making her way to her bathroom, cutting the shower on. She takes a quick bath, washing away the sweat and dirt.

Once she's clean she steps back into her room and picks out an outfit for the night. She decides on a simple graphic tee and shorts with her slides. After she's done getting dressed she makes her way back out to the kitchen spotting her roommate rummaging through the bags.

"The Oreos are in the cabinet, top shelf."

"Thank you DJ. I've been craving these all day."

"No problem, I'm about to start on dinner. It should be ready in about an hour and a half. What time are they coming over?"

"I told Normani about 6."

"Normani?"

Dinah hadn't heard that name in so long, surely it couldn't be the same Normani she knew years ago.

"Yeah, Bahja's roommate. I'm sure you'll like her, she's fine too. Looks like your type."

"You, uh, have a picture of her?"

"I follow her on IG, hold on, let me find a picture."

The short girl scrolls through her phone for a second before pulling up a picture and showing Dinah. Sure enough it's the same Normani that Dinah had fallen in love with two years ago. Since that night Dinah had explored her sexuality and came to the conclusion that she did like girls.