Chapter 3

Elizabeth had been at her mother's for two months; she was just over her second month of pregnancy. Everyone in her family knew about the baby, who was going by Little Bean. Her stomach was just starting to get bigger to house the human. She had a constant need to pee, she vomited around noon, she hated the smell of Indian food, which she hated her food aversion for, and she constantly wanted to eat McDonald's, mango's, and watermelon, "Momma, I want fries!", Elizabeth yelled from the living room.

"I'll order some later. And Boyd called, wants to be caught up on the baby".

"Oh, did you grab my phone?".

"Yeah", Jarnette passed Elizabeth's phone to her.

She tapped his contact and waited for him to pick up the phone, "Hey".

"Hi".

"You still at your mother's".

'Yeah".

"I'll go there then".

"What?".

"I'm here, outside your mothers. I said I would come back".

Elizabeth hung up and moved to the door, "Liz, shoes. You have an appointment", Jarnette said as she passed Elizabeth at the door on her way to the kitchen.

"Okay, Momma".

She shoved on some slides and grabbed her keys, "I'll be back later!".

"Okay!".

Elizabeth yanked open the door and tried to step outside, but was stopped by a body, "Lizzie!", she was lifted a little.

"Boyd", she was placed back on the ground.

"Where are you going?".

"I have an appointment".

"Can I come?".

"Sure".

The appointments would change Boyd's feelings about the baby, the 12-week appointment would tell them the gender, Boyd wanted a boy, Elizabeth didn't care, Bean just had to be healthy.

"I want a boy".

"We will find out next month, but I just want Bean to be healthy".

"But I want to find out now".

Elizabeth sighed and walked to the car, it beeped and she got in, "I'm driving"

"The hell you are".

Elizabeth slammed the driver's door closed, she started the car and buckled her seat belt as Boyd got in.

She left without a word.

"So currently your baby is the size of a kidney bean. Next month they will be the size of a grape, which is when we will be able to tell the gender".

Elizabeth nodded as the doctor wiped the gel off her stomach, "Thank you".

"Anytime".

She jumped off the table and walked out, "Hurry up, Boyd".

He chased after Liz, "Wait up".

Elizabeth ran into the house and collapsed on the couch, she held her hands two her stomach and smiled, she was ecstatic. Boyd walked in a couple of seconds later, "Your back".

Jarnette made an entrance with a platter filled with watermelon, mango, and McDonald's fries, "Here you go, love".

The food was gone within ten minutes, "So how was the appointment".

"Bean's the size of a grape, we will find out the gender next month. Boyd wants a boy, I don't care, Bean's just gotta be happy and healthy".