Chapter 15

Elizabeth was kept in the hospital for another week, Eli for four. So when Elizabeth finally got to hold her baby in her own home she was scared, Delilah had to constantly remind the new mother that she wasn't going to be alone, and she would eventually get into a rhythm. "So I'm never going to figure it out?"

Delilah shook her head, "When you think you've got your rhythm done to a T, they get older and throw it all off, and then you gotta figure it out again".

Elizabeth felt tears run down her cheeks, "I'm so stressed. Eli won't go to sleep, which means I can't sleep, Boyd won't pick up my calls, which means a massive fight when he gets back".

Delilah picked up the baby and placed their foreheads together, "Boyd will be Boyd, you can't avoid it, but hey! You got a cute little baby out of it".

"But I could've-".

"Nope, not doing the pity party. Liz, it's not your fault".

Delilah handed Elizabeth the baby, "Hey bubba", the mother cooed.

She cradled her child to her chest as she eyed the movie on the TV, "Can you make mac 'n' cheese?"

Delilah jumped up and manoeuvred to the kitchen, she quickly came back, holding a Winnie the Pooh hat, "If she's got Winnie the Pooh onesie she needs her hat".

Slowly the two ate Delilah's food, maybe it would always hurt, it would always be hard. But since when was being a parent easy, and she was gonna try, that's all she could do.