Chapter 14

Elizabeth waddled through McDonald's as she waited for Delilah's boss, Kenneth, to finish installing the baby seat. She was standing in line, waiting for her McFlurry and burger, when she suddenly sucked in a sharp breath. Her lower stomach was cramping again, she had been having them all day but decided that she needed food before telling someone her contractions were starting. While it wasn't the best plan at least she could have some good food before holding her babies, Elizabeth decided it was best to not think about the pain she was going to go through. Another contraction hit her, she wound her arms around her stomach and glared at it, hoping her children would feel her anger. In a matter of seconds Elizabeth was leaning on the woman next to her in line and smiling sheepishly at her, the woman looked down, anger and confusion written on her face. "Hey, Liz, you good?!"

Barney who was currently taking someone's order yelled out, causing all the worker's eyes to look at the pregnant woman. She nodded before grimacing, the blonde squeezed her eyes shut and slowly stood upright. "Lilah!"

Delilah poked her head out of her little corner, the drive thru headset pushed off her head and on her neck, "The hell you doing here woman, you're supposed to be home", she scolded as she handed Barney her headset.

Barney quickly finished his order before moving to Delilah's place, Delilah looked around, "Right, back to work! Sorry about that!"

Delilah rushed over to Elizabeth and wrapped her arms around her slowly taking on Lizzie's weight, she suddenly recoiled and looked at her foot, "First of all, ew. Second of all, ew. Third of all, was that your water?"

Elizabeth looked down before meekly nodding, "I think".

Delilah started cursing before she moved through the people, slowly, as she pulled Elizabeth through the crowd, "Hey, uh, guys! You might wanna clean up!"

By the time they had reached the hospital the blonde was in tears, the midwife, Jolene, rushed to check her dilation, "Well hun, looks like you're in active labour, five centimetre dilated".

"That's good right?"

"We don't know yet".

When Jarnette arrived Elizabeth was crunching on ice chips, "How far?"

"About six centimetres", Delilah muttered.

"Lilah?"

Delilah murmured something in response, "I think I want that epidural".

Elizabeth had gotten her epidural, "You're fully dilated, ready to push?"

"Not really, but there's not going back now".

"That's the spirit", Delilah muttered as her hand was squeezed tightly.

"You're gonna start feeling the urge to push, when you do-".

"I push".

Jolene nodded as Elizabeth placed her feet in the stirrups and furrowed her eyebrows, "Alright, here comes a contraction, think your gonna push?"

"Does feeling like I need to push feel like I need to poop?"

Jolene nodded, "Hence why most women do just that when pushing".

Delilah cringed, "Ow! Jesus fuck, Liz!"

Elizabeth squeezed Delilah's hand as the contraction hit, she groaned and gritted her teeth as she pushed, slowly inching upright. Suddenly she lent back against the pillows and let out a breath. As soon as she got comfortable and caught her breath she sat up, squeezed Delilah's hand, and pushed again. Elizabeth rested again, "This fucking sucks, never let me have another child".

"I can try but your dumbass won't listen".

"Don't bully the pregnant woman, Delilah", Elizabeth gritted out as another contraction hit.

It took twenty minutes for the baby to be delivered, she was placed on her mother's chest, Elizabeth smiled down at the small human, she cooed at it and ran the tip of her finger across her chin, suddenly a nurse whisked the baby away, Elizabeth whined, "Gotta clean her up for her mom, babe", Delilah informed her.

Jolene shushed Delilah, her ears perked up as she tried to listen, "What are you trying to find?"

"Shh", Suddenly Jolene turned to Elizabeth, "Have you felt baby number two move?"

Elizabeth looked down at her stomach and poked it, she looked at Jolene and shook her head, "Why? What's wrong?"

"When was the last time you ate or drank?"

"Uh, I had some ice chips about an hour and a half before I started pushing".

Elizabeth didn't know what was happening, but apparently her mother and Delilah did, she had blood tests taken rather quickly. Soon she was being rushed to the operation room, "Lilah!"

She was worried and she didn't want to be alone, "No, please, let her come with me!"

Elizabeth could hear the heartbeat monitor beeping as an oxygen mask was placed over her face. The world slowly became fuzzy and weird looking, the voices of the doctors and nurses became warbled.

When the new mother could finally see straight and hear properly the first words she said was, "Where's my baby?"

Her mother looked up, red eyes and puffy cheeks on full display, "There was a complication, Liz", She knew where it was going and she disliked it, tears filled her eyes, "I'm sorry, Lizzie, but the umbilical cord got knotted and they couldn't get the baby out in time".

"I was fine, I delivered the first one fine, no problems!"

"They don't know how it happened, Liz".

Sobs wracked the 18 year old's body, silent tears streamed down her cheeks, "Purple Butterfly".

"Hmm?"

"She's gonna have a purple butterfly on her crib".

Jolene and Delilah walked in as Elizabeth finished her sentence, "We can bring her in if you want, and when you're ready we have the birth certificates", Jolene spoke, "I'm so sorry, hun, we tried our best".

Elizabeth nodded and smiled, "I know. Can you bring her in, and the birth certificates, I already have names".

Jolene dissappeared for a few minutes before returning, "They're bringing her in, now those names".

"Ellilia Ashley Olsen-Holbrook", Elizabeth stated.

"His last name?"

She nodded, "That's the one that was born first", she swallowed the lump in her throat, "And Annalise Ivy Olsen-Holbrook".

Jolene finished writing the names and smiled, "Well, I'll come check on you later".

Elizabeth was handed Elillia by Delilah, "Hey baby".

She smiled softly at the tiny human, she was swaddled tightly with a pink hat placed on her head. The mother bent down the place a kiss to her daughter's tiny nose, "I'm your momma".