Chapter 8

"Spoiler alert! You haven't come back yet! Just so you know, Bean's the size of an avocado now and the gender reveals in two and a half weeks! I feel really bad for what I said, I didn't mean it, you know what we're like when we argue. Since your gone, I've got Ash and Delilah staying with me, making sure I eat and take care of Bean like I'm supposed to. Liliah booked me another appointment this afternoon. We've gotta tell mom what happened tomorrow, she's starting to get suspicious. Love you, come back soon, bye! ", Lizzie left a voicemail for Boyd, just like she had for every day of the week since he left.

During that week she had been left alone her nose became constantly congested, and liked to bleed, she had heartburn as well as the usual aversion to foods and occasional queasiness. She was in her 16th week now, eagerly awaiting Bean's first kick, she felt better, no more morning sickness, she felt the best she had in weeks, she had one-sided conversations with Bean before bed, or when she felt lonely. Ashley had taken it upon herself to track Elizabeth's weight, health, both physical and mental, and Delilah mapped out more name options.

"He won't pick up, Lizzie, you're making yourself feel worse", Ashley sighed.

"It's helping her, shut up", Delilah smacked her upside the head.

Elizabeth sighed and placed the phone on the kitchen island, "Both of you stop it, I'm tired".

"Go sleep".

"But I'm already awake, Ash, it won't happen".

Ashley sighed and rolled her eyes, "Get dressed, mom's coming over soon".

"Hey, mama", Elizabeth opened the door and grinned, looking a little scared.

She got no answer, Jarnette instead stormed inside, "Where's your boyfriend, Elizabeth?".

"Mama, I swear, I was gonna tell you today", Elizabeth answered, knowing her mother would pull it out of her soon enough.

The mother glared, "You should've told me when he left, young lady".

She looked down, "Let's get this ultrasound party on the road!", Delilah yelled, "Not the right time", she backed out of the room, "You have five minutes".

Jarnette narrowed her eyes, "What are you telling your mother these days then?".

"Everything, apart from you know, Boyd and that", Elizabeth answered, pointing out what 

Delilah just yelled out as something she hadn't told her mother.

"Go, but this discussion is not over".

"So, we may have missed something in the past ultrasounds, Miss Olsen", the doctor explained.

Delilah and Lizzie quirked an eyebrow, "What do you mean?", they questioned in sync.

"Well, it seems your housing twins, here, take this and do that gender reveal".

Elizabeth and Delilah shared a look before yelling, "Twins?".