Chapter 9

Finally, it was the week of the gender reveal, Lizzie, giggled as Delilah braided her hair and placed blue and pink flowers in her hair, "You happy with twins?".

"Not what I was expecting, and we had to double the sorting hats last minute but maybe Boyd will be here", she chatted happily, waving her hands around.

"You seem happy, Liz. Stay that way. And, I'm still living with you whether you like it or not, now stand up. Blue dress, pink shoes or pink dress, blue shoes?".

"Pink dress, blue shoes", Liz declared as grinned and nodded her head.

Delilah left the room for Lizzie to get dressed. As the teen pulled up the flowy pink dress a shout was heard downstairs. "Just let me see her".

"Back the fuck up, Holbrook, you left and missed a whole ass lot. You can wait to see her like everyone else", Delilah declared.

"Lilah, I can't reach my feet!".

Elizabeth fiddled with the organza on her dress. The dress was baby pink and off the shoulder, its sleeves were slightly bunched up chiffon, the skirt poofed out and loosed a little at the waist before stopping just above the ankle. The skirt was the best bit of the dress in Lizzie's opinion, it was comfortable, it looked pretty, there were tiny little rhinestones in the middle. The top part had a charmeuse base and more chiffon on top of the charmeuse, crossing over from the shoulders before doing the same at the back, it led into the skirt, "I'm coming".

Delilah ran up the steps, skipping two every time. She was sporting a simple blue dress with lace sleeves and blue ballet flats, swapping out her usual look for something softer and less in your face. Her hair was swept up into a french twist. She and Lizzie's makeup consisted of mascara, eyeliner, soft blush, light contour and highlighter, simple light pink lipgloss, and light brown eyeshadow. "Ballet flats or sneakers?".

"Ballet flats".

Delilah grabbed the blue matte ballet flats and gently put them on Lizzie's feet, "Look, your Cinderella and I'm Prince Charming".

"That you are, I wouldn't be able to do anything without you", Lizzie dramatically responded.

Delilah rolled her eyes, "Ready? I pushed Boyd outside with everyone else".

"He's here?", Lizzie's eyes widened.

"He may be a prick, but even he wants to see what gender the baby is".

Lizzie and Delilah stood in the middle of the two sorting hats as Delilah gave a speech, "No we are not dating, and no I'm not the father", the crowd laughed, "But we are best friends, we've only known each other for a few months but it feels like years. I love you Liz and I love Bean, I don't, however, love the father, he's a douche. But Lizzie would kill me if he talked about that, so without further ado, let's see this baby's gender!".

One cannon went off with pink smoke as the sorting hat yelled, "Girl!".

"One more thing", Delilah started, "That was only baby number one, so Mr. Sorting Hat, what's baby number two gonna be?".

The crowd erupted into chaos as the announcement of twins rang around the back garden, Boyd glared at the women. Pink smoke erupted from the cannons once again as the sorting hat yelled once again, "Girl!".

Lizzie had tears pooling in her eyes as she and Delilah clung to each other, "We were both right".

"C'mon, I wanna see Boyd's face".

"Can we just wait for him to approach us, I'm not starting anything today".

Delilah groaned, "Fine, but we're getting food".

"I have no complaints".

"You think you can not tell me you were having twins", Boyd hissed.

"You weren't picking up your phone, I gave up trying to talk to you".

"I got into the habit of not listening to your voicemails".

"I wasn't gonna tell you over text, maybe next time pick up the damn phone every now and then and talk to me. You might've found out then".

Boyd opened his mouth, but closed it, "You can be there if you want, but from now on unless it's drastic, it'll be me, my family, and Delilah making the decisions, you've made it perfectly clear you want nothing to do with the Bean's if you don't like it", Lizzie turned on her heel and stomped off.

Elizabeth and Delilah sat in the living room, "So you're sticking with Elillia? But what about the second bean?".

"Avalon or Annalise".

"Annalise Delilah. But if you like Avalon then you could do Annalise Delilah Avalon".

"The second one is a mouthful. Besides, Annalise Delilah sounds better".

"So one of our children is being named after her?", Boyd scowled.

"Yes, you weren't gonna have any named after you after what you've done".

"She turned you against me, she's a bitch".

"She has a name and it's Delilah, who's my best friend. And she made me realize you aren't healthy, neither of us are when we are with each other. You're sleeping in the guest room".

"But-".

"My name is on the papers, not yours in case this happens. My house, my rules".

"What are we, two?".

"Dude! Leave her be! She could've aborted the children and she didn't, so like, piss off", Delilah snapped.

Boyd stood up and stomped to his room as Lizzie sighed, "Thank you for being here for me. God knows I would've done this alone if you weren't here".

"You have family".

"I'm gonna be the first one with kids, and I'm barely an adult myself, they would've been too much".

Delilah sighed, "They wouldn't let you do this alone, there's always someone", Delilah placed a hand on Lizzie's shoulder.

AN

I contacted @sugary_sweepa while ago about taking over her Georgie Cooper book, Walk Me Home, she responded and said it was okay, along with a few notes. I have two covers for it so far and no description just yet, but what cover do you guys like best?

Option 1

Or Option 2

Or Option 2