Chapter 10

Elizabeth was exhausted, she could've had a single night of solid sleep, she had pillows between her legs, under her stomach and next to her back, she was sleeping on her side. Ashley and Delilah had started planning the baby shower while Mary-Kate helped with the baby registry and planning appointments. Lizzie had started birthing classes two weeks ago and classes to help with all the after-birth effects. "22 weeks, Liz, over half way", Delilah squealed.

Lizzie looked down, "Yeah, but now I've got acne and stretch marks".

"Eh, fruits of your labour", Delilah giggled, "Makes the journey even better. Besides, baby showers in a few weeks time and the nursery stuff gets ordered in a few weeks too".

"We haven't even looked at that yet".

"That gives us something to do now".

Delilah pulled out a laptop and paused Veronica Mars, "C'mon, Liz if you don't want to just look at paint colours and themes".

"Fine", Lizzie let out a huge yawn.

"Um, pastel yellow walls with flowers and sheep decals. White cribs, pale wood for the changing tables".

"Go to bed, Liz, you can't even get through a sentence without yawning".

"Ash wood cribs", she called as she waddled to her room.

Elizabeth sat on a chair, a month later, as her best friend and sisters struggled to piece together various baby furniture. "No Ash, that. Oh my god!", the crib collapsed, nearly missing Delilah.

"I'm calling Boyd!".

"No!".

"He can put it up".

"No!".

"Fine then I'll do it".

"No! Liz, you're in your 26th week, after this we go on a Disney cruise for the babymoon. Go pack if you want to do anything".

Elizabeth waddled off, Ashley raced behind her grabbed her suitcase down and passing it to her before walking back to the nursery, "Fucking shitty crib!".

"Yes mama, I've been doing my birth classes and my kegels, calm down".

"Alright mama, love you too".

Delilah walked over, kissing Liz's head, "Can I do something?".

Elizabeth shot her a look, "Only if it's not dangerous".

She pulled up Liz's shirt and shined a flashlight at her stomach, "Liliah, what are you doing!".

"Shut up, can you feel it?".

"It's fluttering, kinda like something-".

"Wiggling, their eyes are open now".

Elizabeth gasped and murmured, "Hey baby. It's me momma, I know you miss your dad but he's away again. I love you guys, and guess what at least 13 more weeks till I get to see your little faces and hold you".

When Boyd arrived the next day to assemble the nursery he had a sour look on his face.

"Alright, knock it off", Delilah snapped as he glared at her, "You left, okay, she didn't feel obligated to tell you since you never called back".

Elizabeth looked up from her watermelon, the juice dripped down her chin and fingers, "Just go assemble everything, I have to brainstorm more names".

"Delilah, Ashley, Mary, Kate, Elizabeth!", Delilah called, "Delilah Elizabeth!".

Elizabeth muttered under her breath, "Ashley is Elillia's middle name, Mary Kate is already someone, Delilah Elizabeth it is".

"I don't get a say?".

"Have you been around lately?", Delilah snapped.

"This isn't fair, their my kids".

"You know what isn't fair, getting your 18-year-old girlfriend pregnant and dipping. You dumped her here and hoped that people would look after her, you should be doing it, not us".

Boyd went red in the face, "Because this isn't hard on me?".

"I'm not saying it's not, but you have to understand Liz is 18, she doesn't need you being a dick on top of it".

Elizabeth stood up, and headed to her room, "I don't give a shit how he acts, just get the fucking crib together, I want to go on that cruise".