|1|-A big day

Zayn's POV

It was a big day for me. I was on a rollercoaster of emotions. I was happy, excited, scared and anxious. I won a business man for the year award. It was my 2nd time winning. Lukas forced me to host a party. Everyone is coming. Business partner, friends, enemies and our... Family.

"Mother and father are also coming. I hope father won't create any scene with Mr kartz" I muttered, still pacing around in my room

My head snapped towards door as someone knock. My assistant Daniel, whom I call Danny stick in his head inside and look at me, before coming inside.

"Ready to go boss?" he asked, giving me a toothy smile

"I told you multiple times, don't call me boss. It gives gang leader vibes" I mumble it

"Okay, boss" he said, giving me a toothy smile and I sighed

He never listens to me.

"Is Lukas here?" I asked

"Yes boss" he said and I nodded

We went down stairs. I live in a small two storey house. I have 3 big mansions and a few apartments in this city but I like this small house the most. It has 3 bedrooms with a bathroom attached, my mini office, a kitchen, living room, front yard and back yard and rooftop. In the living room, there is a big window. I love sitting here. This is my favorite place.

I was on last step when Lukas come and hugged me tightly.

"Congrats brother!!" he yelled

"Geez, don't yell in my ear" I said pulling away

Why do I feel like they both are more excited than me?

I didn't want to host any party. I hate to socialize with those fake people. I just like to hang out with my little safe circle. Which includes Emma, Lukas, Danny and Cyrus or maybe few business partners, who are really nice people.

"Let's go" Lukas said excitedly and we made our way outside

Danny was driving, I was on passenger seat and Lukas was on the back seat. I looked outside the window. Seeing people and shops passing by.

I wonder if Cyrus will come. I sent him his favorite chocolates with the invitation box. If you are wondering, who is Cyrus, he is my......

Actually I don't know what we are. Our relationship is weird but special to me. We don't have to put a label on it for ourselves because our families had already done that part.

Enemies.

Our family has been enemies since the last 2 generation. Our grandparents hated each other. Our parents hate each other. He is also continue that family hatred. But I don't want to. I want to be more than an enemy.
To be honest, I don't think he actually hates me. He thinks he is supposed to hate me. His parents pressured him. Ever since we were kids, our family taught us to hate each other. I, like always, don't listen to them. Why would I? They never behaved like parents. They never loved me. Then why should I be an obedient child?

I have never hated Cyrus or his family. His family is actually nice except for when it comes to me. But I can't blame them. My family betrayed them. They have a really good reason to hate my father and grandfather. About other family members, they are just being careful.
Although I wish, he would stop acting like he hates me and become my friend. Because even though he is always rude and mean to me, I still like him because I know he would never betray me or use for his own benefit. I d-

I snapped out of my thoughts when the car stopped. I took a deep breath. Preparing for myself.

"Let's go. What are you waiting for?" Lukas asked

"I am just preparing myself to deal with shit" I said

"Those are people, not shit" he said

"Aren't both same?" I asked

"You also count in people. So do you agree that you are a shit?" he asked, teasing me

"We both are but we are special shit" I said

"Eww, let's stop this shitty conversation and go inside"

We unlock our seat belts and get off the car. I just wish Mr kartz or dad would not create any scenes.

We posed for photos before going inside. Lukas ditched me the moment we step inside and Danny went to check if everything was fine.

I sighed and scaned over the area to find Cyrus but couldn't find him. I thought he was late like always and went to greet a few important people and business partners. After chatting for a bit, I went and sat down at the bar.
It's tiring to act like I love socializing. I am not an extrovert but I am also not an introvert. I guess I am a mixture of both. I want to make friends but I don't want to talk first and I also feel uncomfortable around new people. I like going out but only with one I am really close to and the place should not be too crowded. Like, I like malls but not clubs. You got it now? I am okay with crowds but if it's too much, I can't handle it. I don't actually hate business parties but I also don't like them. And if the Kartz family and Carver family, both are there. It's dangerous.

I was slowly sipping my drink and waiting for Cyrus when I see Lukas, mother and father approaching me.

"How can I help you?" I asked with a tight smile when they stop in front of me

"Is this how you greet your parents?" father said, glaring at me

"Parents? I never remember you guys being my parents" I said calmly but everytime I look at them I can't help but feel angry. I hate it when they call themselves my parents. They never were and never will be.

Father was going to say something else but Lukas cut him off

"Congrats brother" he said and then gesture dad with his eyes to do the same

"Congrats" father said and I nodded

"Mom" he whispers

Mother like always ignored my existence. For her, I died years ago.

Lukas elbowed father.

When will he stop trying? It's been 11 years.

"It's been a while. Come home for dinner tomorrow. Let's eat like a family" father said, his voice sounds cold like always

"family" I repeated as a humourless laugh escaped my lips

"Brother" Lukas said

"Sorry Lukas, I can't" I said seriously

"Please brother. Last time we ate like a family was at my 18th birthday 6 months ago" he said, making that super sad and depressed face

I sighed. Just because I never say no to him, he shouldn't take advantage of that.

"Fine" I sighed

"thank you brother" he said happily and they finally left

I just can't see him sad. I know he longs for a family but it's difficult for me too. I also wish I had a happy family but I can't forget what our parents did to me and Zack, my twin brother. I just hate them. I can't forgive them. And it's not like they accept that they were wrong. They still think they are right.

I again scan over the hall in hopes of finding Cyrus. I finally spotted him. He was talking to an old man. I went over there and tapped on his shoulder. He turned around and glared at me.

"Can I borrow him for a second?" I asked the old man

The man nodded and left

"You are late!" I complained, folding my arms across my chest

***