|19|-Long slumber

Cyrus's POV
Everyone was trying to be strong but they were all so scared and worried. I didn't want to lose my love. Emma and Daniel didn't want to lose their best friend. Lukas have already lost a brother, he didn't want to lose Zayn too. Mr and Mrs Carver don't love Zayn but they also didn't want Zayn to die. Even though they never loved him, he was still their child, their own blood so they didn't want him to die.

After 7 and half an hour, the operation finally come to an end. As doctors came outside, we all got up and impatiently waited for the doctor to tell us that Zayn is alive and fine.

"Surgery was successful" doctor said

Thank God! I don't know what I would have done if something happened to him. I would have never forgived myself. My knees felt weak and I fell on my knees and couldn't control my tears. Zayn is alive. He didn't die. It's the happiest thing I have ever heard. Emma rubbed my back and helped me stand up on my feet.

"C-can I see him?" I asked

"Not now. Please a family member come with me so I can explain his condition" doctor said

"I will go" Daniel said

"You are patient's...." doctor dragged off

"Brother" Daniel answered and went with doctor

Lukas don't like Daniel but he let him go maybe because he knows Daniel will be able to understand better and will later explain it all to us.

We were all anxious but kinda relieved too. I patiently waited for Daniel to come back. When Daniel comes back looking distressed, we all got stressed too.

Why is he so stressed? Doctor said the surgery was successful.

"What did the doctor say?" Lukas asked impatiently

"He is in temporary coma. The injury on his head is serious. It will take a long time for him to fully recover. And even after recovering he has to be extremely careful he wouldn't hurt his head again. Many glass pieces were pierced in his arms and there is a deep horizontal cut above his left eyebrow. They will leave scars. Doctors will keep him in ICU until he gain consciousness and they are not sure when he will wake up"

(1 week later)
I was lying on my bed, blankly staring at the ceiling. It's been a week and Zayn is still not up. I can't sleep. I keep dreaming about Zayn dying in that incident. I miss Zayn terribly. I want to hear his voice again. Look in his beautiful dark brown eyes. I was lost in my thoughts about Zayn when my phone buzzed. It was an unknown number. I opened the message and my breath hitched in my throat. The message was from Charlie. My hands started shaking uncontrollably and I felt little dizzy.

I failed this time but the next time I will succeed. You are mine. If someone comes in between us, I will kill them like I killed that Ray boy.

Your boyfriend
Charlie 😘

Ch-Charlie? So I wasn't mistaken? It really was Charlie that day in the market. And it's Charlie who planned this accident to k-kill Zayn. The sentence was of 7 years. Why is he out of jail after just 3 years? It's all really my fault. It's my fault Zayn is in coma. Charlie tried to kill Zayn because he is close to me. It's my fault.
I-i can't breathe. My chest hurts. I put my hand on my chest. Breathe. Relax Cyrus. It's okay. J-just breathe.

(2 week later)
I was sitting beside him. Holding his hand gently, that was connected with all those wires. Two weeks have passed but he is still not up.

"How long are you gonna sleep for? It's snowing since last night. You love snow, don't you? There will be so much snow. We can make a snowman together, just like you want. We can even name it. What about icy or snowy? I am bad at naming so wake up and decide a nice name. You know the cafeteria food is good. Want to try with me? You love ice cream. They have your favorite flavor too" Tears start pricking up my eyes.

"I am sorry. You are in pain because of me. It must be hurting so bad. Wake up so I can make it up to you. Lukas is so scared too. You have spoiled him too much. He is a brat. He keeps yelling at doctors and Daniel has to deal with him" I asked but again I only meet with silence

"Wake up already bastard. Stop killing us with worries, you asshole" I sobbed
Doctors and nurses come inside to check up. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. I wipe my eyes and get up. I bend down and kissed his forehead. Wake up bastard. We gotta make snowman together. I walked out of the room after giving a last glace in hopes of finding him awake but he was sleeping just like before. I went back to the waiting room. Emma, Daniel, Lukas and His mom and dad are still here. There is a kid here too. He is probably 12 -13 years old. He also comes here everyday. We didn't talk but Daniel told me his name is Mikey and he is from the orphanage Zayn visit often.

"We need to talk" I whispered in Emma's ear

She nodded we went outside. No matter how much I hate to talk about him, I have to tell Emma about Charlie.

"What's wrong?" she asked with concern

"This accident.... Ch-charlie did it" I said. All colors drained from her face.

"Charlie is out of jail?!" she whispered yelled

"Yeah" I take out my phone and showed her the message

"Why didn't you tell me that before? And you didn't even tell the police. You know how serious this is" Emma said

"I was scared. I am sorry" I said

"It's okay. I got this. Rest assured. Media will not find out about Charlie. You are so brave. Love you" she said and ran off probably to call Michelle, her police friend.

***